Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by sammy the blade »

Hope they don't burn the barber shop.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jim I hope who ever replaced Andy and Barney can handle the job! Sixty years the year since the Andy Griffith Show started and it is still on TV.....
sammy the blade

Tom19176 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:49 am Jim I hope who ever replaced Andy and Barney can handle the job! Sixty years the year since the Andy Griffith Show started and it is still on TV.....
Still worth watching too, a true classic.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I watch the show everyday still.......
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

The latest report had 9 separate incidents of women being charged with larceny (and 1 man), and one woman charged with stalking. The stalking charge intrigued me as no details were provided except her name, age, address, the date, and the charge.

Jim
sammy the blade

Jim, compared to what's happening most everywhere else in this country it's not that bad!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jim I wish Mayberry really exist. NYC is getting out of control.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Nipping it in the bud - as Barney would say (Winston Salem is the "big city" and county seat where I live). The following is from a local news channel's website about an incident in Winston Salem:

"Before the protest started at 9 p.m., police say a lieutenant had a conversation with the protestors reminding them to stay on the sidewalk and not to block the streets. Between speeches, the protestors marched around the Sheriff’s Department on different occasions while staying on the sidewalk with no issues. Around 11 p.m., protestors lined up along the sidewalk. The protestors started walking in small groups and then standing in the middle of the roadway. It was dark and this roadway was open to vehicular traffic, posing a safety concern, police said. According to police, each group of protestors standing in the middle of the roadway were notified that they were violating the law by impending traffic and to go back on to the sidewalk. Several protestors refused to comply, police say. Officers then arrested 15 people. There were no other violations of law observed after the arrests were made".

Jim
sammy the blade

What were they protesting for? Did they stop Sunday beer sales
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

The protest was calling for police to release video surrounding the death of John Neville, a man who died three days after he was arrested and taken to the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center. If the accounts of those involved are even remotely accurate, the personnel did everything they could after he fell out of bed at 3 AM. The coroners report has not been issued yet.

My point of the post was that the police did not let the protest degrade into something more serious than standing in the street like protests did elsewhere when law enforcement "stood down" (not that I have any evidence that it would have). They nipped it in the bud :)

Jim
sammy the blade

There is a lesson to be learned there! If they did some bud nippin where the riots were things now could have turned out alot differently. Guess we'll never know now
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Strange times that real Americans need to nip in the bud before we all get culture canceled. I ain't got much faith in anything good happening.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice News story Jim. The issue in a place like NYC at present is the fact the police have their hands tied, but even in the old days when arrests were made as were done in the case you noted, there were still riots and massive unrest. We have always tended to have aggressive crowds with an ultra liberal culture that was anti police and government. The only time there were no real public riots was when Rudy was our Mayor.
sammy the blade

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:05 am Strange times that real Americans need to nip in the bud before we all get culture canceled. I ain't got much faith in anything good happening.
I don't either Terry. Now the stores seem to be running out of change and they want to to use a credit or debit card. WTF!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom,

I almost mentioned Rudy in my post but felt I had written enough and didn't want to be long winded. Rudy is spot on with his "no broken windows" approach to law enforcement. It worked rather well in NYC. Now we have cities that don't enforce non-violent crime and shoplifting and burglaries have increased exponentially, and it is reported that law enforcement morale is diminishing. How bad will it have to get before people get fed up and the pendulum swings the other way?

Jim