Still another forum knife

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Still another forum knife

Post by jim d, »

Back around 2005 I had a Pro Tech Godfather jazz and thought that a Godfather with a mirror polished blade scaled in real horn would be the perfect example, so I brought the idea up here calling it the "Godfather for stiletto collectors" to see if there would be any interest. There was some interest and correspondence with Dave (head of Pro Tech) was initiated. Dave seemed agreeable in principle with the concept of a small run but nothing was definitive. Our own David (natcherly) got involved and the knife became a reality. If I recall correctly, David visited Pro Tech and he acquired the prototype which he so generously offered to me. David, chime in with any missing details.

A few years later I was speaking with Pro Tech Dave at the Atlanta show and he told me that his workforce complained bitterly about the foul odor that occurred from working the horn and he promised them that there would be no more horn in the Pro Tech facility.

Jim
IMG_0412.jpg
IMG_0412.jpg (113.05 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
IMG_0416.jpg
IMG_0416.jpg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
whippersnapper

Re: Still another forum knife

Post by whippersnapper »

Great knife!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

It's a winner in my book.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Great knife and story Jim !
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

cool knife and info about it,and yes working with some horn stink's,a few year's ago I was drilling some camel bone and that stuff fn stink's bad,thank goodness I was in the garage doing the work,it smell's like burning hair.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Great Knife !