"Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knife

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

Re: Omega (Chris Edwards) Commemorative Knife Sign-up List

Post by barshoo »

I sent the knives to Bill on May 9th. I heard from him yesterday evening, and he has just now set up the machine to do the engraving.

There is only one place on the knives that the engraving will go, and the space is limited. He had questions for me about how I wanted them to be engraved. We settled on what will work, and I hope that he is starting to engrave them today.

The engraving will be "Chris Edwards 2020 1of 25". When it gets to double digits, it will be "Chris Edwards 2020 14of25"

I am so sorry for the delay!! I don't know how long it will take him to do these, but I hope to have them back in two weeks or less.
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
barshoo

Re: "Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knife

Post by barshoo »

The knives will be here Friday the 12th, and I will start mailing them out next week!! :D Thank you for your patience!
sprink

Post by sprink »

Cool , thanks for the update Barb .
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Thanks ma'am for all your hard work, can't wait... Taz
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you Mike and Tom!! The knives are arriving tomorrow, but I have a convention that I have to attend via Zoom and teleconference. (Can you imagine trying social distancing with 800 people??) This goes through Saturday, so I will be able to start on the knives Sunday afternoon.

Just a side note: I just tallied up all my expenses. I KNEW that I was going to take a hit, because EVERYTHING had gone up exponentially! I lost $6.75 per knife, multiplied by 25 equals $168.75 total, plus I am giving a knife to Chris' wife, which comes to a $285.50 loss. BUT, I am keeping two knives, so that brings the loss down to $52.00. I worked out all the figures as I typed this, and I have to tell you that I am relieved to lose less than $100.00!!

But the point that I was attempting to make is that this was a labor of love, and definitely NOT profitable. If I were to do this again, using Angelo's knife, I would have to raise the price by at least $7.00 per knife. It is an incredible amount of work, but doing it the way I did, easily made it a one-person endeavor.

The way that I have the shipping system set up, I can have all the knives shipped out to you all by Wednesday of next week, so you all should have a knife in your hands by Monday, the 22nd of June. The Certificates will be mailed separately. Also, Angelo threw in a little something special.

Thank you all for your patience and support in making this commemorative project a success! I could not have done this without all of you!! If Chris could see this, I'm sure he would smile his big, goofy grin!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I figured you were taking a hit, labor of love or otherwise.

What Barb has pulled off for the last 2 knives isn't easy or profitable. Even not being a participant, I can appreciate when someone does a hell of a job.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you Terry! It will warm your heart to know that I have customers on Facebook who have chipped in $6.75-$10.00 to my PayPal account to help defray my losses!! :shock: :) It sure warmed mine!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

The knives were mailed to me on June 9th. I should have received them Friday, June 12th. Instead, the Postal Service SCREWED UP, and left them sitting in their Memphis Distribution Center!!!! So NOW I expect them either Monday or Tuesday!!!
Last edited by barshoo on Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJ Driller

Post by JJ Driller »

I'm fine with an additional few days. It just exacerbates the anticipation!! We all know it's not a delay of your making, but thank you so much for the heads up!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

JJ Driller wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:05 am I'm fine with an additional few days. It just exacerbates the anticipation!! We all know it's not a delay of your making, but thank you so much for the heads up!
Hi JJ,

I don't recognize you by that name! :shock: :oops: What number is your knife? You can PM me if you'd like.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I received the knives Monday night, June 15th and mailed them out Wednesday afternoon, June 17, 2020. I sent out by email all the tracking numbers, but if you did not receive yours, send me a PM.

My "system" worked...I did it all on my own. My husband surprised me today with a congratulatory bouquet of yellow and pink roses!

Yesterday, before David took the packages and certificates to the Post Office, I took this picture below...to document my last look at my finished project.

JJ Driller

Post by JJ Driller »

I may be new to the group, but I'm sure I speak for all when I say that EVERYTHING you've done and gone thru to make this happen for us is appreciated more than any simple "Thank you" can ever express!
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

GOT mine TODAY, FRI., at noon. Great job, thanks again. Thanks to Bill also, great looking job on the engraving. THANKS TO ALL. TAZ
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you Jason, and Thank you Tom!!! And I agree with you, Tom, that a HUGE SHOUT-OUT should go to BILL DeSHIVS for the FANTASTIC JOB on the engraving!!! He went above and beyond what most people would have done! I sent him a THANK YOU gift yesterday, and It is a token of not only MY appreciation, but from ALL of us!!
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I'd love to see photos! JB