This "Stay At Home" gets old!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Snickers

This "Stay At Home" gets old!

Post by Snickers »

Damn the COVID-19 virus. I'm sick of staying home. I'm sick of wearing the mask when I go out to get stuff I need. I'm sick of my sister who I live with.

Cabin fever anyone? :roll:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: This "Stay At Home" gets old!

Post by natcherly »

Not strictly speaking "Cabin Fever" as you can go out and do stuff. Wearing a bandana as a face mask brings back the old days when such attire was de rigueur for bank and stage coach robbers, so play acting is another way to spend time. If it is your sister's home in which you are living, well your options there are limited.

We all have too much time on our hands.......
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

We both own the house (mom passed) and she's a hoarder. Crazy witch. :!:
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I don't mind ,why?,I do not want to get sick.
john

Post by john »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:32 pm I don't mind ,why?,I do not want to get sick.
Me too! If I get sick I could kill my wife.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

Reason I stay home as much as I can. Don't wanna get sick either. Here, new cases every day and a death here and there.

Really a nasty virus. Heard that it came from the bats that escaped from a Chinese lab.
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

My neck hurts because I didn't get my injections at the pain clinic back in March when the COVID-19 became rampant and everybody closed shops. Luckily I have pain pills that was for my other pains. For me life is a pain but what can you do? You just live with it and like it. :(

Don't mind me when I'm feeling grumpy now and then. This social distancing is nuts and I don't have any friends left. They all died. All my friends are online like you so hey there. :mrgreen:

I hope you guys are doing ok. I quit drinking decades ago but I'm sitting here with a six pack. It's so boring staying home.

Good times. :roll:

ETA: @ natcherly: Yes, I have a bandana and that western bit is pretty close about me. I'm a licensed carry and wear OTB but I wear a vest to conceal it. Instead of a cowboy hat I wear a baseball cap. I carry a Beretta PX4 and it's a sweetie.

The cap I'm wearing is from the range I shoot at named A Place To Shoot. It says so on the cap and I shouldn't be wearing it, get it? :lol:

TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i've already been home for 16 years from disability so i'm used to it, butt i miss playing cards on thursdays . social distancing, well i'm lucky the silver/ greyer still works. the whole mask thing sucks, it's hard to breathe with copd even with the bandana ,as far as a cap....mine says SICK BOY.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

Mine might as well say Shoot Here. :roll:
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

Mrs. Fish has been sewing masks from scraps left over from her work. Some of them are pretty wild.
ARVN Tiger Stripe reduced to 1/6.
I'm still looking for an open bank to rob.
Attachments
arvn.jpg
arvn.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Masks haven't bothered me much but I don't go out much so only wear for a couple minutes at a time (not outside or in the truck). Wife has to wear at work so that would suck. I'm harder to recognize in public w/mask so can get away from adoring fans easier and I'm harder for big brother to track (just kidding).

I do have a neighbor friend down the road so have cheated a bit and have a beer with outside sometimes. We have had a couple camp fires with just our wives and us. Keep a distance but screw the masks.

The kids and grandkids haven't been around as much but still visit. I admit to being less hands on.

I don't really have many close friends so didn't socialize much before the plague...I had joined the local Moose club about a year ago so was getting out some before. I volunteered in the kitchen a couple times a month (I don't really miss the chaos doing that).

What I do miss is the dart league at the Moose. I'm pretty competitive so had been enjoying doing that. Was getting not to bad at it too. Haven't tossed a dart in a couple months and will probably be back to square one. I should have got my own board by now but without competition I would get bored in 5 minutes.

Going to get the garden in this week. Maybe it will be more weed free than most years but I doubt it...lol

In all honesty, I have been in a bad funk for a couple years. The cancer crap took alot out of my drive. Was just starting to get going a little better before this crap. Now I'm basically back to my lazy unmotivated depressed self...lol
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

I bought a couple of masks from a guy who works an an OR. He said the materials used are the same as those that covered surgical instruments. 99.9% virus proof. Breathable but hot. Normally I'd wear the bandana but around crowded areas like in a store I'll wear the germ barrier.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

This lock down is getting old fast. I am on Long Island and work in Manhattan so once again this is ground zero for this "attack" . I am not trying to say this was an attack by China, just that once again NYC and the near by suburbs are getting the worse of this.

I mentioned before that I grew up in Hollis Queens ( mom still lives there at 97). The three term NY Governor went to grammar school with me, and Trump grew up 12 blocks away from both me and the governor. Watching these two dealing with this issue would make you think they were raised worlds apart.....
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

YO WHIPPER, i was a moose in the early '80s, officerand had the purple fez and red jacket. i moved away and there wasn't one in the area
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Charleslee

Post by Charleslee »

I’m so tired of wearing a mask it’s ridiculous! Hate it. Live in Jersey (UNFORTUNATELY) & commute to NYC so must wear one on the bus. At work we’re supposed to wear them but I take mine off as much as possible. What makes it even worse is I had the damn Kung Flu so don’t feel I should even have to. No more freaking hand sanitizer, washing my hands a million times, not touching surfaces, etc. Hell w/ that.