Walt's Latama Flat Guard customized

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Walt's Latama Flat Guard customized

Post by thom »

Here is one of the recent Flatguards by Walt. white bone with Damascus dagger blade. I think this is one of two made. Really nice knife, but I had the handle shaved. Now has a vintage feel and no big step from bolster to scales. I like the contrast of the white to Damascus. The smaller pictures are before the scales were shaved.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
JulesVane

Re: Walt's Latama Flat Guard customized

Post by JulesVane »

Another beauty Thom!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks JV no one one else posting pictures. Thought I would get the ball rolling.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

I agree. The shaved scales give the knife a more fitted, custom finish.
thom

Post by thom »

Chris51P wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:31 am I agree. The shaved scales give the knife a more fitted, custom finish.
Chris have you done that also? I have done it to a few. Feels and fits much better
Feels like the vintage knives
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

thom wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:59 pm
Chris51P wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:31 am I agree. The shaved scales give the knife a more fitted, custom finish.
Chris have you done that also? I have done it to a few. Feels and fits much better
Feels like the vintage knives
Hey Thom - no I have not had scales shaved. I’m a novice so I certainly couldn’t do it. Did you do yours or did you have another member do it? The knife looks primo.
sprink

Post by sprink »

Very nice indeed, i appreciate the shaved scales as well. Looks great with the Damascus blade
thom

Post by thom »

Jeremy did it for me. AKA jimbrown257. He is quick and good.
Last edited by thom on Sat May 16, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

thom wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:00 pm Jeremy did it for me. AKA jimbrown123. He is quick and good.
Thanks Thom. I've used Jeremy in the past for repairs and advice. He is very good.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Very nice. These new Walt’s knives with Chad Nichols Damascus blade profiles are extremely nice knives! Only a few were ever made and probably the few made will be the only ones forever. The rarest Walt’s Latama switchblades out there. I was lucky to message Walt right in time before the knives were all sold and I was able to pick out a beautiful primo Brazilian horn Chad Nichols, it’s super nice!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
thom

Post by thom »

I don't know if anyone else here bought one of these, but with age it is showing more coloration. Some yellowish streaks and brown/tan flecks, It's getting better with age. Is this common with white bone?