Walt's Custom Pick Lock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Walt's Custom Pick Lock

Post by thom »

Here is a beautiful Walt's. I think this is 1 of 2. The other is Cocobolo scaled. Expensive but worth every penny. This knife sports beautiful exhibition grade Brazilian Horn, N/S bolsters, flat guards, dagger blade, Sapphire fire button and very tasteful file work on back spring and on the brass liners. Including file work on inner spring. Fires hard with the familiar Latama thunk, opens with zero play and closes dead center. All this expected from a Walt's Custom.
What I am most impressed with is the feel. Fits perfectly in hand. Hard to see in pictures, but the right side of handle is shaved making it rounded. No sharp edge. The left side is also shaved, but not quite as much, making it more flat for a very comfortable/secure fit for my thumb. Giving it vintage feel, more like my older knives. Hard to show the shaved scales, but the last couple pictures try to show it.
I could not be happier with this knife. Might be the best knife I own. My thanks to Walt and Tank at T=bar-K. Exceptional job.
Thom
ljerr2

Re: Walt's Custom Pick Lock

Post by ljerr2 »

That's one beautiful piece of artwork. Love those scales - wish I could find some slabs like that to have one of mine re-scaled just like it!
Congratulations on another super nice addition to your collection!
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Amazing, this is the pinnacle of Walt’s custom line right here. This piece just doesn’t get any better than this. Walt’s custom knives are out of this world!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Beautiful knife!
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

very nice Latama,I talked to walt on the phone about three week's ago.
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks for your responses. It really is an incredible knife in every way. On par with any custom I own and then some. I bought it minutes after it was available. Lucky to have got it.
The way it fits my hand is like nothing else I have.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Absolutely gorgeous Thom! Your entire collection of Walt's Classics is fantastic!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
texans123

Post by texans123 »

A beauty :shock: