Mini Rizzutos

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
gunner

Mini Rizzutos

Post by gunner »

The recent attention to the tiny 6 1/4" swing guards from Italy got me thinking about the little Japanese copycats. I love these, haven't seen one for sale or trade in years. Here's some pics of the only 3 I acquired back in the day. The only one with a story is the yellowish, off white one. It was found inside a house wall being torn down for renovations...in London!

SPRINGER KÖNIG
Jackalope

Re: Mini Rizzutos

Post by Jackalope »

Those are soooooooooooo cool. and in such nice condition.
boblees812

Post by boblees812 »

Wow. Those are killer
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

Those mini Rizzy's are fantastic! I've been collecting REM's for several years and didn't know that there was such a thing. Do you happen to have an REM with the lockback blade release to close the knife? Not the traditional BO/BC. Again, very nice knives.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Beautiful! There’s just something about the minis that are beyond cool!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gunner

Post by gunner »

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like them.
Chris51P, yes I've owned 4 or 5 of the lockback Rizzutos in different sizes, 7", 10" & 11". I only have 1 left, a very nice 11" with white scales. Those seem to have dried up as well. Haven't seen those available in a long time.
SPRINGER KÖNIG
BrianK

Post by BrianK »

Those are cool !!!!
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

gunner wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:54 pm Thanks guys! I'm glad you like them.
Chris51P, yes I've owned 4 or 5 of the lockback Rizzutos in different sizes, 7", 10" & 11". I only have 1 left, a very nice 11" with white scales. Those seem to have dried up as well. Haven't seen those available in a long time.
If possible, please post a pic. Those are so different... love seeing them.
gunner

Post by gunner »

Sure, here's a link to an old post of mine right here on talkblade

viewtopic.php?t=13856
SPRINGER KÖNIG
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

nice to see you posting again GUNNER
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

😯 Wow I love those things! Lucky you, they are Beautiful!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

My friend had one of the small blade handle ones in the 1970s. Cute little knife
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Gunner! How's it going? Nice to see you around again.

I have some of those 6" Rizzutos. The step-bolster Batwing seems to be the most rare of the 6"s. Based on what I have seen, the 6" is the second most rare size. The 8" is the most rare. 8.5" is the most common.
Attachments
IMG_3440 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3440 - Copy.JPG (97.41 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
gunner

Post by gunner »

Hello JimBrown & Tryker! It's great to be posting and seeing you two, too! So that's where all the mini rizzutos have gone! Awesome collection, I've never seen that many at once. I've only run into one single 8" rizzuto style and it's a weird one. A penguin in a circle tang stamp and reddish brown jigged bone patterned, plastic scales. Similar in looks, but higher quality than what's seen on the vintage Japan switchcombs. It's cool to see a gap filler between the 7 & 9 size. Come to think of it, I've only seen one 8" manual Italian swing guard in the classic stiletto pattern also.
SPRINGER KÖNIG
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Yeah, I have one of those 8" fake jigged bone ones. Mine has a Rostfrei stamp (which I have only seen on the unusual Rizzuto models). Another collector here had a 9" and an 11" of those ones, one of which had the Penguin stamp. The fake jigged is one of those notably higher quality ones with the flat top bolsters and non-decorative bails.
Attachments
IMG_3440 - Copy (2).JPG
IMG_3440 - Copy (2).JPG (67.77 KiB) Viewed 4009 times