Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by jim d, »

I continue to miss JerrBear.

Mayberry Summer: about 15 years ago a small group of muscle car owners would gather occasionally in a local parking lot. The number kept getting larger and the events had to keep moving to larger venues. For the past few years the "Downtown Cruise-In" as it has become known now consists of a well publicized event one Saturday per month April - October. Two downtown streets (yes one is Main St.) are blocked for a few blocks. There are cars from 100 or more miles away. It is pretty much a free for all regarding what type of car you can bring. Yesterday I saw everything from a Model A to a new Lamborghini but muscle cars and other cars from the '50's to the '70's dominate. The area has a few restaurants/bars which no doubt love the events. The cars really bring back a lot of memories. I believe there are a lot of forum members who would enjoy it.

It looks like the women have stepped up the pace after a relatively quiet few months. Yesterday's paper cited 12 arrests, 10 for women, 2 for men! That is a very high ratio even for the wild women of Mayberry. It was mostly the usual stuff with a lot of petty drug charges combined with a traffic offenses. My guess they were pulled for the traffic infraction and the officer saw the drugs.

Jim
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

On live PD they call it riding dirty. Get pulled over for a traffic offence and they find dope in the car.
2024 candidate for president
sammy the blade

Any new news on the wild woman of Mayberry?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Well Sammy, it has been more of the boring same. Failure to appear, minor drug offenses, speeding, drunk driving etc. There was one case called "affray" which I learned from a friend was a situation where a woman confronted her ex-boyfriends new girlfriend and an affray resulted in blood being spilled from noses and mouths. Sad to say that segment of society does exist in the greater Mayberry area.

Jim
sammy the blade

Jim, I live in Sweetser Indiana, my guess it's less than 1000 people and nothing ever happens here unless we get a speeder through the school zone. Must be nice living where there is some action.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Well Sammy, we may have a little action here in the fine little town, but nothing like what goes on the cities. My colleagues who live in big cities often don't believe me when I tell them about what low level "crimes" actually get printed in the local newspaper (published a whopping 3 days per week).

Jim
sammy the blade

Jim, the three major news channels around here are in Indianapolis and shootings are going on daily. I kinda like it here.
sammy the blade

7 year old girl was killed in a town 5 miles east of me yesterday in a drive by shooting. Don't know what it's all coming to. Jim, our county news paper is down to three days a week too. They deliver it through the mail now.
sammy the blade

Jim, any news on the Mayberry crime wave.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Well after a quiet couple of months the wild women of Mayberry have come out in force. The police / sheriff report in Thursday's paper had over dozen examples (compared to just a few for the men), Women were charged with DWI, breaking and entry, failure to appear, DWI underage, larceny, resisting arrest, felony drug possession, improper registration, affray, no drivers license.

Jim
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

The Mayberry report would not be complete without the most troublesome and unladylike female behavior, the affray. I hope this doesn't spread to other communities... :mrgreen:
sammy the blade

What is the world coming to, crime is just everywhere. At least they aren't shooting up the neighborhood yet.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

This hit close to home. Big article in the local paper (including mugshot) of a local female 32 year old middle school teacher arrested for "felony sexual activity" with a student (male). The report indicated that the investigation is ongoing with additional charges to be filed. She is being held in jail.

What is close to home for me is that we know her parents, she went to school with my daughter, and my wife taught her! My daughter was stunned by the news.

Jim
sammy the blade

Crime marches on.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

jim d, wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:25 pm Well after a quiet couple of months the wild women of Mayberry have come out in force. The police / sheriff report in Thursday's paper had over dozen examples (compared to just a few for the men), Women were charged with DWI, breaking and entry, failure to appear, DWI underage, larceny, resisting arrest, felony drug possession, improper registration, affray, no drivers license.

Jim
Lots of wild shit here in WV. Mainly people all fucked up on drugs. I can remember in the 60's 70's 80's and 90's when all the crime was in the cities. Now it's the rural areas around here.