Benchmade 42 with Clip

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Patrick D.

Benchmade 42 with Clip

Post by Patrick D. »

I am in the process of purchasing my first Bali and was wondering about the clip on the BM42. Does this clip get in the way of any flipping? Is the clip removable? Thanks for the info.
If I may put forth a slice of personal philosphy, I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling demented child king long enough...
BladeLover

My First BM Bali

Post by BladeLover »

Just got my first BM Model 42 with semi-serrated Weehawk blade and pocket clip last week from New Graham. Best price out there at 137.50 plus shipping. The clip is small and flat and does not interfere with my flipping, but then I am not an officianado of flipping (yet). The knife is a jewel of craftsmanship and sharp as a razor out of the box. I guess you could remove the clip. It is retained by the same screw that holds the latch.

Best Regards,
BladeLover
"Knife collecting - it's not an addiction....it's an adventure!"
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I've never had a problem with a BM bali with a clip. However I didn't like the clip my Spyderfly came with so I took it off. The BM clip wouldn't be a problem to remove as long as you have the right torx driver.

SD
balibalistic

Post by balibalistic »

The clip should'nt interfere art all unless you choke down on the handles while flipping,but i doubt you would!it is removable with a t6 torx driver,but is press fit so it will have to be punched out.
BaliJohn

Post by BaliJohn »

I have never had trouble with the clip on a 42, but like someone said it is more prominent on other brands, such as the Spyderfly.

Keep flipping!
Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the improtance of material possesions.

Tyler Durden