Balisong Pins

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
glowingthehero

Balisong Pins

Post by glowingthehero »

So I dropped my trainer today while flipping it and a pin fell out and got lost. Does anyone know if it's possible to switch press fit pins for screws and if so how much that would cost. It isn't a very expensive trainer being only $10 on amazon but it is the only trainer i currently own. (a link to the trainer) https://www.amazon.com/Amarey-Butterfly ... s=balisong
wazu013

Re: Balisong Pins

Post by wazu013 »

It's possible but for a $10 trainer it may not be cost effective. See if you can find what you need here.
http://usaknifemaker.com/folding-knife- ... -offs.html
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
glowingthehero

Post by glowingthehero »

Yeah if I find pins but they are over the price of the knife itself I'll just pick up a bear and sons trainer. Thanks for the help.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

glowingthehero wrote:Yeah if I find pins but they are over the price of the knife itself I'll just pick up a bear and sons trainer. Thanks for the help.
That sounds like a better idea :)
By the way,welcome to the TalkBlade forum 8)
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
glowingthehero

Post by glowingthehero »

Thanks for the welcome. A funny thing happened a couple days after I posted this, The other pin snapped inside the trainer and the OTHER handle fell off. This was the opposite of what I thought was going to happen the handle I was worried about is still on strong.
bennieJut

Balisong Pins

Post by bennieJut »

I am tired of my pivot pins popping out and i am thinking to glue them together. I hope someone can help me