BM 42

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Hombre

BM 42

Post by Hombre »

What do you guys think I have to pay if I can find a BM 42 in box?
Maybe impossible or....

/Stefan
wazu013

Re: BM 42

Post by wazu013 »

I know they were pushing $500-$600 a while back but have fallen a good bit. If you find one NIB for less than $300 be careful there are many counterfeit BM42's out there. Do your homework and make sure you know what you're getting. It is a crap shoot.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Thanks for yourv reply, wazu013.
Very much appreciated!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Yes what Wazu said! There are a lot of Chinese counterfeits out there. Be careful my friend.
Sorry to say but the Chinese are cut-throat bastards and nothing is sacred.

Now I am not a Balisong expert but anything Bench Made is highly sought after and even more so (someone correct me here) but I think they were called Pacific Cutlery(?) before Bench Made name and those are the Holy Grail of butterfly knives.

Shame. When I was a kid in the late 70's there was a knife shop in our mall and they had the Pacific Cutlery butters for about 50 bucks.(USA)
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

If you are looking for a 42, be sure to check this out:
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?t=17887