Butterfly repair or parts question

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
limabravo

Butterfly repair or parts question

Post by limabravo »

I have this digi butterfly that I really like the look of, but it is put together with screws that constantly come loose and fall out - causing the knife to fall apart. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the screws with rivets so that it will hold together, and if so, where can I buy rivets that fit or send the knife in to get fixed?
Attachments
digibutterfly.jpg
digibutterfly.jpg (26.86 KiB) Viewed 11691 times
DonC

Re: Butterfly repair or parts question

Post by DonC »

Try using some thread locking compound on the screws. Your local auto parts store should carry something like blue Locktite.
DonC
limabravo

Post by limabravo »

I haven't tried locking compound, but I think I tried crazy glue in the past. However, swinging this thing around as much as I do causes the screws to loosen and fly across the room. I'd like to find rivets that fit so that it would be fixed permanently.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Try the green locktite, you have to heat it up to release screws after using it.
2024 candidate for president