new spyderco smallfly?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Roshark

new spyderco smallfly?

Post by Roshark »

so i've been looking around for a smallfly for quite some time now and then i came across this.
http://www.knifecenter.com/item/SPB02GPFG/ apparently spyderco is releasing a limited run of
these. should i get this? is it worth the money?
CDR_Glock

Re: new spyderco smallfly?

Post by CDR_Glock »

It is nit worth $179.

Blade HQ has it for $20 less. They even have a Digi Camou version:

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-S ... amo--10506

When I started collecting Balisongs in August 2010, I started getting everything I could find. The Smallfly was selling around $120-$130. Even at the height, I couldn't sell mine off very easily. I sold them for whatever I had in them. They're decent flippers and they flip better than the Benchmade 32 Morpho. However, most people like 4" blades. If they made a G10 4" Spyderfly, they would sell like HOTCAKES! 3" Balisongs don't have a strong following, 5" Balisongs and longer do not either.

Check out my YouTube channel. I have many different Balisongs. You can see what I'm talking about. Some productions, some customs, some Filipino handmade, some "Grails" and I flip them all, except for a group of ones that are not ideal flippers.
Roshark

Re: new spyderco smallfly?

Post by Roshark »

alright thanks for the help :) i have a 32 as well and if it flips better than the 32 i will strongly consider it. i know what you're saying about 3" blades, but i like the smaller sized balisongs as prefered to the bigger ones. but thanks for the help!