Bali handle material

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
waldoe420

Bali handle material

Post by waldoe420 »

I was wondering what would be better for making handles for a balisong.., C360 brass, 6061 aluminum or stainless steel? Also some pro's and con's of each
cardoso5fr

Re: Bali handle material

Post by cardoso5fr »

Stainless steel and brass. I don't enjoy the aluminium. Titanium is even better than the other :D. G10 and micarta are great too but lighter and less strong than metal.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

You know, it's just a pipe-dream, but I'd love to see a palladium handled balisong
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
waldoe420

Post by waldoe420 »

Titanium was a first choice but I cannot find an inexpensive source. If anyone can point me in the direction or some titanium for a good price...otherwise think I will go with the brass.
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

Ebay for the ti, USAknifemaker
waldoe420

Post by waldoe420 »

Thanks a bunch for the info way better prices than what I was looking at elsewhere. :D