Canada customs sent me a seizure receipt!? help!!

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
redletterdays

Canada customs sent me a seizure receipt!? help!!

Post by redletterdays »

Sorry for not taking the time to introduce myself but I am little worried

I ordered a BM bali a while ago and yesterday I received a seizure receipt marked zero on it and the instructions to appeal the decision.

I went to my local knife store and the lady there told me I could get jail time and or fine. No where in the letter was it stated I needed to pay a fine or that I was charged with a crime?

I am a worried now this is the first time this has happened to me and was wondering if anyone out there how the same experience?

Thanks alot!!
Viking45

Re: Canada customs sent me a seizure receipt!? help!!

Post by Viking45 »

You may just have to "chalk" this one up as a loss. Your problem may be when you show up to appeal the action.

Perhaps some Canadian members came shed some more light on this.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

redletterdays wrote:Sorry for not taking the time to introduce myself but I am little worried

I ordered a BM bali a while ago and yesterday I received a seizure receipt marked zero on it and the instructions to appeal the decision.

I went to my local knife store and the lady there told me I could get jail time and or fine. No where in the letter was it stated I needed to pay a fine or that I was charged with a crime?

I am a worried now this is the first time this has happened to me and was wondering if anyone out there how the same experience?

Thanks alot!!
Don't worry about it. Just a form letter. Nothing will happen. Check your messages.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

redletterdays,

Welcome to the forum.

Please read the forum rules before you continue to post. You can find a link in red at the top of the Switchblade knives page. The first one is;
"*Do not discuss importations, customs, shipping companies, or ways to illegally import knives in your nation."

If you have questions of this type, limit them to PM's please.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

What Jimbeam said. I've had a couple also. :lol:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6