Getting hold of a good balisong

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
artline

Getting hold of a good balisong

Post by artline »

Hi,
I'm a guy from Norway hwo has newly discovered the pleasure of balisong manipulation!!!
Sadly balisong knifes are illegal in my country, and the one I've got is a cheap copy shitty knife, which I bought in Greece, I've only used it for a couple of weeks and all ready its threatening to fall apart..!
Anyway the reason I'm writing is that I am going to Berlin on a school trip in a month or so, and I was wondering if anyone knew the adress of a shop where I could get a propper knife????
I'm also interested in hearing from people who has experience in ordering balisongs online.. Where do you get what you pay for, quallity and such...... Sugestions on which balisong I should choose would also be usefull since I'm a noob...
Last if there are someone who knows more considering the legallity of balisong around the world I would be pleased to hear from them!

Thanks to all answers :)
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Artline, welcome to the forums. Anyway, recently gravity knives were banned in Germany (which include Balisongs) and alot of autos were banned as well. I can point you towards a few stores. NGK has a good selection, but Customs seziure is your own fault. There is another forumite here who goes by the name of "Mr. Gauno" who is from Norway as well.

As for the knives in particular, I recommend you go for a Benchmade 42 or 43.
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

Ummm going on a school trip and buying a knife is a good way to get your ass arrested, i would recomend another way of getting it, such as going with your parents or with friends lmao.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

This guys from Europe HTML... but your right. I should of brought that up.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
and to think I called Mr Guano a Dane. now I know I'm going senile.
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

Vagrant wrote:Welcome
and to think I called Mr Guano a Dane. now I know I'm going senile.
You're not senile enough to forget my name. Huh! that would really be something; what if you called me (for instance) mr gauno? THEN I'd say you were senile...

Artline:
Don't listen to all the paranoid people!
OK, seizure happens (alot). But don't let that stop you from collecting knives, customs (tollen) ain't gonna kill you for it!
And if you're going to Berlin, you're gonna have to drop by a shop called Pentagon in Oslo before going. You can buy all the knives you want there, so you don't have to smuggle 'em across borders...
Of course, Pentagon sells only legal knives but I was there a couple weeks ago, and they have assisted opening knives of all brands. Sog, Kershaw etc. No balis, but very good selection still...
They even had some manual (I think...) versions of the Microtech LCC.

I'm available at gugsand@hotmail.com if you wanna snakke skit about knives. That goes for all of you.

Mr_G

Oh, and have a nice trip!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

snakke skit
what the..... :shock:
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

Hmmmm.....maybe talk shit?

I'm available at gugsand@hotmail.com if you wanna snakke skit about knives. That goes for all of you.
Translates to:
I'm available at gugsand@hotmail.com if you wanna talk shit about knives. That goes for all of you.
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

FivePointOh wrote:Hmmmm.....maybe talk shit?

Translates to:
I'm available at gugsand@hotmail.com if you wanna talk shit about knives. That goes for all of you.
that is absolutely correct :D

Mr_G
auto slash

good knives

Post by auto slash »

if you want good knives e mail me and ill let you know.take er easy,shawn
greacenshawn@hotmail.com
cut em up
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

There's another Norwegian balisonger floating around by the name of Ixpfah. Guy recently snagged a killer custom bali by Larry Davidson.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... did=272014
Bali's: one of life's simple pleasures.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Tony I see ixy's post on three fourms and totally forgot to mention him.

SD