Definition of balisong

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MarioG14

Definition of balisong

Post by MarioG14 »

Can someone give me a dictionary-like definition of a balisong/butterfly knife? I'm writing an essay and don't know exactly how to explain what a butterfly knife is in words.
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

According to Dan I.
Bali mean break and sung mean horn.
so basicly it mean to break horn....much like the sound of a balisong in full motion.
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

I mean like about the knife itself, like 'a folding knife with two rotating handles' or something.
But thank you anyway.
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

A blade, which contains two handles usually with a latch when closed fully conceals the blade and cutting edge.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

A folding knife with a split handle. In the closed position, the knife is covered on each side and at the point by two metal guards attached to the blade's base.
To open the knife, the metal guards are folded back until they meet
and are clasped and thereby form a handle for the blade.