Cool bali / Knifezilla

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Simeon

Cool bali / Knifezilla

Post by Simeon »

Has anyone seen or handeled that stag-inlay balisong that exists on Knifezilla pages? "What's new" and allmost the bottom one?

Yep, I know it's Knifezilla (I've dealt with PVK/Josh before) and it's only 26USD so it can't be any masterpiece. But is it any good?

Oh yes, I own MT Tachyon, so I allready own one good bali - or at least so I think.

Thank you in advance! :D [/img]
Icon of Sin

Post by Icon of Sin »

keep flipping the tach man :D
All My vids are back online Check them out here.
http://balisong.theasylum.org/IconOfSin/

I'm the best you ever seen Fats, I'm the best there is, and even if you beat me I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson (The Hustler)
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

Hi Simeon!

First, I have no experience with balis except from a few BMs.
So I haven't really seen this one in person.

But it looks like it is in the Boss Cheetah line (Josh calls them Tach).
If you look a little up from the 'stag' inlay bali, you'll find the other Cheetahs. Looks a bit like the Tachyon, don't it...?

Buy one and let us know what you think!
For a low price bali comparison (Cheetah vs. Jaguar), go HERE.

Mr_G
Simeon

Hello, neighbour, Mr. Guano :)

Post by Simeon »

Thanks for the reply (as well as IoS, too).

Yep, sure does look like tach.
I usually don't like these cheap copies, because
- somebody is trying to make money with someone other's design
- usually they are worthless crap
(I once got copy of Dalton scale release as a freebie 'cos I bought Sere D/A and it (that COPY, I mean :wink: :) ) broke into pieces just by itself...)

This stag bali just looks so neat, that I think I can't loose very much if I buy one. If nothing else, as a "decoration", then. I think that it may fill that bill (at least), if isn't given a look too close. :wink: :D

Simeon
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

You might want to shop around a bit as Knifezilla can be pricey, think I've seen the knife you speak of on eBay for around $20.00 or so. Just don't get your expectations up if it's anything like the Cheetah it's going to fall apart in about two days. You could also save that $30.00 or so and wait to see the Spyderco Spyderfly in another few weeks.

SD
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Just got the Bali you are referring to last week. Very cool. Well worth every penny. It's basically a tach clone.
Icon of Sin

Post by Icon of Sin »

mr_edge wrote:Just got the Bali you are referring to last week. Very cool. Well worth every penny. It's basically a tach clone.
you guys dont really flip alot do you?

But saying worth every penny to a cheap bali might not be a good expression. A bali thats worth 20 bucks, isnt a good bali IMO. :D
All My vids are back online Check them out here.
http://balisong.theasylum.org/IconOfSin/

I'm the best you ever seen Fats, I'm the best there is, and even if you beat me I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson (The Hustler)
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

speaking of new el cheapo balis from knifezilla-
As IOS says, may not be great for swinging, but something different for the collection that wont break the bank.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

that looks like something mr_skorpion should have in his collection! :D
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

This is the one I got. It's really well made for $26. And the jigged bone could be easily removed and customized.
IOS...you are correct. I really don't have much of an interest in balis, so I could never justify indulging in a "good bali".
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I really don't have much of an interest in balis, so I could never justify indulging in a "good bali".
Mr Edge:
If you ever did get a Benchmade once in your hand it would Justify itself. If you are pleased with the cheepies you'll be blown away by the better models. As with any other fine knife also your investment is safe if you decide you must liquidate some knives.

SD
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

SD...perhaps it would be best if I didn't put one in my hand. With the way I'm always increasing my springsteel budget, I'd hate to take on a bali addiction. :roll:
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

mr_edge wrote:SD...perhaps it would be best if I didn't put one in my hand. With the way I'm always increasing my springsteel budget, I'd hate to take on a bali addiction. :roll:
Mr Edge:
I'm able to manage both my Bali and Switch addiction. At times I go without food or heat, but I always find ways to aquire new cutlery. Take the plunge and order yourself a Benchmade Balisong, you won't regret it. You may hate me for getting you hooked but you'll love the knives.

SD
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Just received my latest copy of the Bud K company, they Have the Stag handled Bali for $16.99 or 2 for $30.00 for those that thought they'd add on to thier collection.

SD
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i need a BM...but i'm a cheap bastard - anyone wanna part with a used POS BM? PM me if you do....