Static Throw?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

tape!?!?!?!?!?!
why?
99.9% of the time its a puncture wound, welcome to balisongs kiwi, your never really safe from the blade, might as well make it all nice and shiny again.
All in all, taping the blade is a waste of time and mostly just F*cks it up instead of saving you. Ive only gotten 1 slit and that was from a throw i KNEW was wrong and tried to save the knife from hitting the floor.

Come on people, youve heard all the vets say the scars are badges of honor, and they truly are. If you cut yourself, grab taht knife and flip even harder.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Murnax

Post by Murnax »

I have to disagree with ya on the tape thing HTMLBali. Tape can be bad if you allow yourself to develop fear of the blade, but tape can also be quite useful. When first learning aerials you know you're gonna be catching the blade quite a bit, so what benefit do you get from having to wait until your hand stops bleeding so you can try again?
Holy Kiwi

Post by Holy Kiwi »

Thats what i was thinking. I'll do everything i know with a real blade except rolls and throws. I don't think i'm gonna do those until i get it completly down yah know? Whats the point in throwing it 5 times today, get cut next time, and not be able to use my hand properly for a week? it'll just slow down process... but i think by the end of the week i'll be able to do throws and rolls without tape :-D
Hat Milch erhalten?
navajo

tape and tossing

Post by navajo »

Been flipping balis since 1964. Every new one I recive thats different from what I have, I tape the blade until I can do my usual routine with it. Nothing wrong with tape.

One suggestion, try flipping the bali in the latch closed configuration until you under stand the dynamics of the spin and make sure when its tossed that it spins as near verticle as you can make it. :D
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

hehehehe Even if my hand is bleeding i keep flipping
Holy Kiwi

Post by Holy Kiwi »

:shock: 8) heh, and i might try that navajo
Hat Milch erhalten?
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

HTMLBali wrote:hehehehe Even if my hand is bleeding i keep flipping
Congratulations, you are now officially a man! Only pansy's stop when they bleed!
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

lmao,hoorah to that :twisted:
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

HTMLBali wrote:hehehehe Even if my hand is bleeding i keep flipping
just remember to quit before you run out of blood :wink:
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

Your hands might bleed like a stuck pig, but its actually not that much. just looks like it because your handprint grooves carry the blood all around.
Holy Kiwi

Post by Holy Kiwi »

I'm not afraid of gettin a cut, i've gotten plenty of those so far (trust me), i don't want to have to pay the doctors bill if it's serious enough to have stitches, emergency room, surgery (friends dad sliced a tendon and had to have surgery and go to rehab :shock: ). lol. So i'm gonna kep the tape for now atleast. Right now i'm working on a Y2K Roll over, and after you roll it, go strait on to a static throw. Make sense?
Hat Milch erhalten?