Baliyo release date?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Baliyo release date?

Post by Vagrant »

I have a box full of cheap pens [about 15 lbs.] that I give away :lol:
But the Fisher is a tool :idea:
I have unsrewed it and used the barrel to drive pins or as an extension [for extra leverage] on allan wrenches :!:
Also used it as a "mini prybar" :roll:
It STILL WORKS
The refill in mine is a replacement, it is 10 years old, and still writes.
The original "died" when I was using it with a hammer to loosen something :roll:
These things are TOUGH :!:
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Vagrant wrote:I have a box full of cheap pens [about 15 lbs.] that I give away :lol:
But the Fisher is a tool :idea:
I have unsrewed it and used the barrel to drive pins or as an extension [for extra leverage] on allan wrenches :!:
Also used it as a "mini prybar" :roll:
It STILL WORKS
The refill in mine is a replacement, it is 10 years old, and still writes.
The original "died" when I was using it with a hammer to loosen something :roll:
These things are TOUGH :!:
Holy shit I guess so! Is there anything you don't use a fricken pen for? :lol:
Mike
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This is what over 2 decades [of abuse] do to one :wink:
Note the replacement clip. Ripped the original off, fishing a cable out of a machine :roll:
PhiladelphiaPhunk

Post by PhiladelphiaPhunk »

Wow Vagrant. Thats totally cool.
I thought I had a long run with a decade old Fisher. Shit , it took 9 years of daily heavy writing for the ink cartridge to need replacing.

Me and my brother both worked at the "Borders" book store almost 11 years ago together.
At the counter were Fisher space pens in red , white and blue. They were 20$ each and we would always make fun of the people who bought 20$ pens.

Then , later that year he ended up buying me one for my birthday as a joke. Turns out it was an amazing pen and he soon bought one for himself after numerous attempts at trying to snake mine. Last July I got him a custom engraved space pen as a birthday present. I think I did a little better this year with a Phillies throwback jersey (Carlton).

The price is high and it doesnt cut anything.
But anything involving a Fisher and Spyderco is worth the price of admission.
Ummm , come on people , how many of us complain about not being able to flip in public or feel awkward breaking out the trainer in public as most of em are almost unrecognizable as such from a distance.
xilix

Post by xilix »

j.a.c. wrote::idea: wonder how many students will get themselves expelled under the zero tolerance rules.
I guess everyone has their own taste ,but it will be a cold day in hades before you see me spending 70.00 bucks for a pen. :roll:
+1 It's just not happening. I'd pay maybe $20 for that. Otherwise my $70 will be much better spent on another MCM auto or traditional butterfly.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Just a quick update... we're within days now of the official release.

We've updated the website (http://www.baliyo.com) and added a video here... http://www.youtube.com/baliyobyspyderco.

Shouldn't be much longer now, and no, they are not $70. We were unsure of the pricing for a bit, it's looking like the MSRP will be $39.95.

Paraphrasing Sal:
Considering that it's USA made, 100% tooling and 100% mfr, difficult to beat. Made in America by Americans for the world.

Close tolerance machined parts, very durable polymer, instructional DVD, recyclable packaging, replaceable Fisher cartridge, removable / replaceable wire clips, and a whole lot of legal, safe fun. Made by flippers for flippers (tolerances, materials, balance, etc.)

While they are lighter than knives, it doesn't take long to "get the feel" and no band-aids or lawyers needed. :)

They will first be offered at the World Yo-Yo Championships and on the BaliYo site.

Hope this helps.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

I bet you'll sell a lot more for $40 than you woulda at $70. For made in USA, not too bad I say. Not that my cheapass will shell out for one tho. :mrgreen:
Mike
kozak6

Post by kozak6 »

Sal Glesser wrote:
Well, it looks like we’re ready to begin shipping BaliYo’s.

The first production run will be available for sale on Thursday, AUG 7th at 12 noon Eastern Time. The BaliYo website is set to go live at that time. (BaliYo.com)

There are four color combinations.
1. Red, white & Blue
2. Blue & green
3. Pink & Orange
4. Gray.

There are limited numbers of each of the colors available at this time.

MSRP is $39.95 each + shipping & handling

Introductory offer for a limited time is $34.95 each. If 3 or more are purchased, shipping will be free ( USA only ).

Thanx much for your patience and support.

sal
Help, my avatar is broken