BM32 morpho

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
skyboxer

BM32 morpho

Post by skyboxer »

I'm not seeing much chatter about this new knife from Benchmade. Looks like a great EDC knife. If anybody knows, what the heck is this G10 stuff the handles are made of? Hopefully a little heavier than titanium, but not as heavy as steel?
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Can you post a pic?
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Heres one I found. Kind of wish I hadnt seen this. I figure if its a BM then its gotta be fairly good, anybody heard anything?
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
butch

Post by butch »

Ive seen this pic but I know nothing about it but it is sweet looking. 8)
Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

Heres one I found. Kind of wish I hadnt seen this. I figure if its a BM then its gotta be fairly good, anybody heard anything?

Yeah, check out the threads at bladeforums.com, everybody seems to want one, I've ordered mine already.

The Morpho balisong is based on the real butterfly called the Morpho, its wings are blue with black sites, this explains the black G-10 scales and blue anodized titanium, the pocketclip is also anodized titanium, the blade material is D2, the latch operated with a spring mechanism, so when you squeeze the handles the latch will pop out wich makes it easy to open.
Overall it seems like a pretty good knife, the production is limited to 500 pieces.
ZENGHOST

Post by ZENGHOST »

This is an awesome knife. It flips really smoothly and the new spring latch is a work of art. The anodized (and jeweled) liners really add to the knife along with the anodized and laser engraved pocket clip. The G10 has good texture to it and if I'm not mistaken this is the first BM bali made in sandwich construction and the first 3 incher to use zen pins. G10 is not heavy and this bali weighs in pretty close to the BM31 so if the 31 was too light for you then this one probably will be too.

LaBella

Post by LaBella »

damn! thats good looking!

I need one