tes the infamous mikov CLONE is back

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

tes the infamous mikov CLONE is back

Post by missaman »

:shock: being that mr. tanto won't sell me scales for my CLONE dualspeed and my edc is gone i got a good suggestion to make scales myself, for it and use it as my edc even if it is a CLONE. question is how? i can grind the old rivits out flush with the bolsters and my dad has an old 2 1/3 ton press and press them out to disassembile the knife. then what? where do i get new rivets and how do i install them. i could press them in as on the cheap knives and file them off . but i want a decent job with the finished top rivets. i've built 11 cars and trucks so im not bad at this stuff. we used ball pean hammers in the old days. can sombody help? P.S. i can tell a suresnap form an imperial, from a hammer brand. etc not good at this new stuff :D
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Missaman,

Love to see a pic of your rescaled Dual if you do it.

Watch out! My cat read your post :wink:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Bill,
Super Reference!
I don't know why I didn't mention that to Missaman. Great place to learn just
about anything about blades. Are you refering to the discussion on putting together a Mikov. It was excellent and Nemo did a great presentation.
The Claudester