Fixing a Typhoon

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Cigarman

Fixing a Typhoon

Post by Cigarman »

I acquired a Typhoon that needed a little work for a very good price. Knowing that the spring was gone, I figured I could order one from our host. I did so, and now I can't figure out how to put the darn thing in DOH!!
I think there may be a few more parts missing. Can anyone send me a photo of the spring assembly?? I'm totally stumped.

Bill
Cigarman

Try Again

Post by Cigarman »

I am now questioning whether or not this knife is even coil fired. Does anyone here own one? Is it coil or leaf fired? If you own one, can you take a photo of the knife without the scales?

I hate to toss this thing away and I find it hard to believe it cannot be fixed.

Bill
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

dont know off the top of my head... i have one coming in the mail and ill take a look at it to see if i can catch a clue.
Cigarman

Post by Cigarman »

Finally got a new spring from the Manufacturer. Rather unusual spring type. Kind of shaped like a "Y" and bolts to the outside of the knife under the scale. The knife is all together now and wow what a snapper. This thing kicks like a mule.