Making a good thing BETTER

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Making a good thing BETTER

Post by Claudester »

How long has this Modding area been here, just noticed it. I have just sat in on an online
class given by Nemo on how to put a Mikov kit together, it was super. I was just buying,
buying, buying blades without knowing anything about how they function. Now I'm taking them
apart and seeing what makes them tick and sometimes making them look better than they
did fresh out of the box. I have also found out why the rain forest is disappearing, all that
wood is going on knife scales.
The Claudester
Feyd Rautha

Post by Feyd Rautha »

Hi Claudester, I was following that class very closely although I didn't participate. I think your Mikov came out beautifully and am looking forward to trying to duplicate your results.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Claudester,

You don't have to start using particle board for your custom knife scales because you're worried about destroying the "rain forest." When it's all gone, we'll still have plenty of "jungle" left. :wink:

The Falcon
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Hi Fryd Rautha,
Thanks for the compliment. That class was very informative, Sure taught me a lot. My
knife actually looks better in hand than the pictures. I used teak on it and spent a lot of time
on sanding going down to oooooo steel wool so the wood is like glass. The turquoise I used
should have been a lot bigger to but I'm starting a new one this week only this one I'm trying
Buffalo horn and a oval piece of spider turquoise. The knife Nemo used for the class was
mine and it turned out beautiful. He can really do some nice filework.
Thanks Again
Claudester
missaman

miov scales

Post by missaman »

any mikov scales for a dual speed clome on that site?missa in da hood :D