Hairpin switchbalde

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
RunningWithScissors

Hairpin switchbalde

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I recently got a 11" pearlex frank beltrame switchblade. At first it was perfect in every way, with a nice stiff button. All of a sudden yesterday i noticed it has developd a real hair trigger, i am afraid that i dont lock it and it was it in my pocket it will spring open and cut something off. I think the problem has something to do with the little prick thing that holds the spring back ind the blade in.
Bill DeShivs wrote:Running
I'm sorry your prick is too short.
:lol:
Sometimes, buffing compound can get under the spring for the tooth. Try a thorough WD 40 bath, followed by compressed air. Keep pressing the button throughout the process. Also, clean the hole in the blade out with a toothpick.
If the tooth is not dead centered in the hole in the liner, try to push it to the center with a small screwdriver.
Bill
Well ive tryed a WD 40 bath and compresed air with no luck. I think the problem may be : What ever kind of leaver that is connected to the prick mabye bent, i am going to find a really small pair of needle nose pliers, and see if i can pull it out and hopefully bring it to the right position. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this problem???/

Any help would be great!!!
Any guy can kill another person with a gun!!
But it takes a real man to get up close and STAB!
RunningWithScissors

Hairpin switchblade

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Can't seem to find a pair of needlenose small enough, probley going to go have to buy a pair, The knife is now at the point where it will not stay closed unless i turn the picklock on. The button is also really loose. i am mad at the knife
Any guy can kill another person with a gun!!
But it takes a real man to get up close and STAB!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Your knife must be taken apart. The pin that holds the button assembly is loose. Unfortunately, it's under the scale.
Bill
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

RunningWithScissors, an other alternative would be to wear a sports cup :shock: Give the freaks a real eyefull :P
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

RWS - when your back on land contact me by PM - i can help you....
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Yeah you can help him alright. Not sure how though with your little green outfit on. It would be fun if you bumped into another character wearing a little orange outfit. Then you could both be like the Frankie goes to Hollywood video. :P :wink: 8)
PB