Video of Home Made OTF

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Video of Home Made OTF

Post by Tom19176 »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Video of Home Made OTF

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Tommy, thanks for the link.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

You're welcome Eric
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

I'm always impressed at how easy these videos make it all look. Even at 5 weeks start to finish. I'd like to see some flying metal parts and screamed curse words spliced in somewhere. Seriously, thanks for the vid it was fun to watch. I wonder how much that sucker weighed, when he was putting it together I was thinking about Jerry Garcia's "hippie sandwich" guitars made by Doug Irwin...they were heavy too!

Peace. Scott.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

That is pretty cool. Though, I don't understand why he cut a section of steel out of an existing kitchen knife instead of just getting another piece of flat steel (he had gotten the steel pieces for the handle). He still had to grind it and drill the holes, which would be much harder with the already treated steel. And he uses that torch at one point so it seems like he would be able to do the treating himself. Maybe "Turning a kitchen knife into an OTF" makes for a better video title than "Making an OTF".