Damascus Leverletto

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

145 for a dam LLO.
Not too bad.
Wheres one in horn or snakewood :twisted:
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
ubernut

Post by ubernut »

Great idea!
BladeLover

Damascus Leverletto

Post by BladeLover »

Got one last night for 119.54. Nobody bid much on this one from Stu...Can't wait to see it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=732644

Best Regards,

BladeLover
aka Minstrelman
"Knife collecting - it's not an addiction....it's an adventure!"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Damascus Leverletto

Post by Vagrant »

BladeLover wrote:Got one last night for 119.54. Nobody bid much on this one from Stu...Can't wait to see it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=732644

Best Regards,

BladeLover
aka Minstrelman
Stu is amazing, sometimes it seems like he must do it with magic :!:
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

Stu kills me!
AND ANYONE WHO SENDS ME A PICTURE OF ANOTHER SELLERS TESTICLES WHICH SELLS THESE AS REAL ITALIANS WILL GET FREE SHIPPING ON THEIR NEXT ORDER.

I'LL NEED MEDICAL PROOF THAT THIS WAS DONE AND DONE PROPERLY.
:lol:
BladeLover

Damascus LLO is Okay but not the bee's knees

Post by BladeLover »

My damascus honey horn Leverletto arrived today. My first LLO. It is a nice little knife, I like it, make no mistake, but for over a hundred bucks the AKC Quality Control ain't the greatest:
1. the front scale horn has obvious chips out of the bottom at the lever spring cutout.
2. the liners are crudely polished both on the front and on the back near the guards, with a rough finish
3. the bolsters have small dings that could have been polished out during construction
4. the damascus blade is attractive but is not very sharp compared to my Massaro honey horn OFLL has a pretty dull point.
5. I think the cheap pot metal-like lever should be of better material on this knife - but then all the newer Italians seem to have these cheap levers.

Otherwise I am ecstatic. SOme people would bitch if you hung them with a golden rope.... :lol:

Best Regards,
BladeLove
"Knife collecting - it's not an addiction....it's an adventure!"
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Hung with a golden rope? Present girlfriend OK with status of hung'ed-ness as is, but would like to see more gold. I told her at the rate I'm buying knives, nickel silver will have to do. So she's taking out the difference in horizontal folk dancing. A guy could do worse.

Just got my first damascus knife from Stu, along with a box full of chinese weaponry. He's pretty good, especially in the price department; $100.00, plus shipping. Very prompt delivery, the guy's OK.

It's a Leverletto, of course (why else would I mention it here?), honey horn variety. I echo the concerns previously mentioned, and add that the blade itself will need a little cleaning up too; minor tool marks and a bit of a blush toward the point of the blade, but nothing a little scotch bright won't fix. I hope I don't mess up the finish if I try this; will experiment very carefully with a light touch. We'll see. I can see why they don't etch Bills name, etc. on the blade; it'd look pretty "busy", with the pattern in the steel and all.

This one is my fourth Leverletto, and is about average in all other respects. Very snappy, nice horn. I like it.

I may need to buy another one for what's-her-name. When do they come out with one in pearl?

TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
missaman

Post by missaman »

Pearl necklace :shock: :D :D :D
missaman

Post by missaman »

Sorry I'm ZZ Top fan :roll: :roll:
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Great minds follow parallel lines
TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?