Website update

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Website update

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I updated www.billdeshivs.com with a new "Library" category.
I have put a few things there already, with more to come.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
john

Re: Website update

Post by john »

Hi Bill,
Thanks for adding the new Library tab. The catalog pages are way cool. I’ll be taking a closer look later.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

That library is pretty cool. I wish I would have been able to order stuff like that when I was a kid. All I had was that little ad where you could get the NATO OTF (the "stiletto") or the standard Italian side-opener (the "switchblade").
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I like the old ads and Crowlery's flyers
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I'll try to get the pages in better order soon.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Bravo Bill!
I don't think that I have ever seen a little springer like the #01 on page 1 of the 1957 EIG catalog. Very cool! 8)

I have tons of ads in photo bucket. Getting them out is a pain in the arz!
Here are a couple pages of Schrade doubles out of a Norvell-Shapleigh catalog. You can add them to your site if you wish.
11-10-2007081854PM.jpg
11-10-2007081854PM.jpg (64.97 KiB) Viewed 9802 times
11-10-2007082609PM.jpg
11-10-2007082609PM.jpg (66.75 KiB) Viewed 9802 times
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I never ordered from Crowley Cutlery but I did have that catalog and wish I had kept it. I think he was one of the few people ever criminally prosecuted for violating the Federal Switchblade Act whereas others were just fined.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thanks, Jackalope!
If anyone else has anything they want to share, I would love to see it!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes he was sentence to a year in jail and fine:

https://casetext.com/case/crowley-cutlery-co-v-us
Hamnjam

Post by Hamnjam »

I just thoroughly spent hours checking the site. As a fan it is amazing for sure.being a new collector as of last summer it was your design that made me finally pull the trigger and begin collecting. Unfortunately being a new collector has its challenges, such as thinking a whole month that i had purchased an akc bill deshivs leverletto. Only to find out its a fake chinese, and the difference between plastic and stag. Being a single dad on a tight budget i was angry, but finding it while shopping with my baby girl at least gave my very 1st switchblade sentimental value. Being broke and wanting a real leverletto more than ever you can imagine my excitement when a buddy told me about a website called wish, where he had seen leverlettos with prices i could afford. In fact they were so cheap, about $40 each shipped, that i bought both sizes available! So for another month i showed off to everyone that would look, my 2 real stag scaled leverlettos. The deal i got them for made up for the $35 i waisted on my knock off. You can imagine how foolish i felt when i found out wish just sells better made counterfeits. $115 invested into one of my favorite knife makers, the one that got me to begin collecting, and i still dont own an akc bill deshivs leverletto. I cant afford $115 losses, when i have a little girl to take care of so i gave up. But i did fight back against the counterfeiters at least. I emailed bill deshivs to let him know what they are doing to his brand. I emailed aga campolin to let customers at 3knives the big differences so customers can make sure they only buy the real thing. I dont wnt anyone else to have to feel how i feel. After Christmas is done for my Hailee i plan to save for a real bill deshivs leverletto, and i will go to his own awsome site to buy it the 4th time. Ive learned alot the last 6 months. Horrible funny but true story. It sucks to be poor, haha.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I don't sell the factory Leverlettos, but I can probably tell you where to find one.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

You don't have to tell me about poor, it more than sucks!
2024 candidate for president
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Schradecutfullpages.jpg
Schradecutfullpages.jpg (182.07 KiB) Viewed 9544 times
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Schrade sterling.jpg
Schrade sterling.jpg (26.45 KiB) Viewed 9544 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thanks, Jackalope!
I did the original price guide for Andy Russell when he originally reprinted that catalog in the 1970s.