Auto conversion question

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Auto conversion question

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Harkblade wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:06 am
Fishtail Picklock wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:34 am
Harkblade wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:58 am I've been looking at the Ganzo's and really like the looks of them, and the quality seems to be top notch as well. One dealer offers Ganzo's for something like $17.50 for the model I like but they are out of them at the moment.
I do have a black Delta Force with a drop point satin blade that I like a lot. It seems to be very similar in construction to Boker and in the same price range, but with 440C stainless instead of the AUS8. Both having aluminum scales, but with the Delta having a convenient thumb activated safety.
I did find a dealer who had Ganzo's in stock but at twice the price of the $17.50 knife. So, I'm going to hold out and wait til they have more in stock.
www.fastech.com
WOW! Thanks Fishtail! I checked the fastech website just a few days ago and they showed this item as being out of stock. They must have just received an new shipment. As soon as I saw your post I jumped on this immediately and now I have a model G7211-GR in green...ON THE WAY!
THANKS A BUNCH!! :D
My pleasure, brother! It may take a bit of time (2-3 weeks) but you won't be disappointed.

Blessings.
Fishtail Picklock
Harkblade

Post by Harkblade »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:08 am
Harkblade wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:06 am
Fishtail Picklock wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:34 am

www.fastech.com
WOW! Thanks Fishtail! I checked the fastech website just a few days ago and they showed this item as being out of stock. They must have just received an new shipment. As soon as I saw your post I jumped on this immediately and now I have a model G7211-GR in green...ON THE WAY!
THANKS A BUNCH!! :D
My pleasure, brother! It may take a bit of time (2-3 weeks) but you won't be disappointed.

Blessings.
Oh. I don't mind the wait. It's nice to have something to look forward to. LIke a kid at Christmas. Just counting the days.
Thanks again.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

I must have missed something. I have had 2-3 of these as autos. Gerber website lists it as an assisted or auto, as an Applegate-Fairbairn mini covert...
Harkblade

Post by Harkblade »

The Ganzo G7511-GR arrived yesterday. Right at 3 weeks.
Wow! what a knife. I found it to be more than expected. An added plus was that I was not expecting the newer Firebird model. When I placed my order the knife that was shown on their web listing was not the newer Firebird model. It did not show the Firebird emblem on the blade. However, the knife I received does have the Firebird emblem on the blade as well as on the cloth pouch the accompanied the knife. Quite honestly, for the money I was paying, I thought I was going to get a second with some kind of minor defects or something.
This knife is solid Quality. All polished stainless steel frame construction, a razor sharp blade and not a single scratch or blemish anywhere and the fit and finish was absolutely perfect. No small gaps where the scales meet the frame like I have seen in some of the YouTube reviews. The action is super fast with solid lock up. I can't believe I paid only 17 dollars and some change for this knife and with free shipping. I paid a lot more for auto knives that were not half the quality of the Ganzo. Solid stainless steel with tough G-10 scales and NO PAINT that will eventually wear off. This knife has rocketed to the top of my favorite knife list.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Harkblade wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:02 pm The Ganzo G7511-GR arrived yesterday. Right at 3 weeks.
Wow! what a knife. I found it to be more than expected. An added plus was that I was not expecting the newer Firebird model. When I placed my order the knife that was shown on their web listing was not the newer Firebird model. It did not show the Firebird emblem on the blade. However, the knife I received does have the Firebird emblem on the blade as well as on the cloth pouch the accompanied the knife. Quite honestly, for the money I was paying, I thought I was going to get a second with some kind of minor defects or something.
This knife is solid Quality. All polished stainless steel frame construction, a razor sharp blade and not a single scratch or blemish anywhere and the fit and finish was absolutely perfect. No small gaps where the scales meet the frame like I have seen in some of the YouTube reviews. The action is super fast with solid lock up. I can't believe I paid only 17 dollars and some change for this knife and with free shipping. I paid a lot more for auto knives that were not half the quality of the Ganzo. Solid stainless steel with tough G-10 scales and NO PAINT that will eventually wear off. This knife has rocketed to the top of my favorite knife list.
Glad you like it! (I knew you would). Now you need to order a G707 to compliment that one.
Fishtail Picklock