Fledgling Knife Customizer

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
poorbs

Fledgling Knife Customizer

Post by poorbs »

Don't know if you guys know this guy, but I bought a "first project" from thebladefanatic on BB, and it looks pretty good. I was his first customer so he really rolled out the red carpet. Sounds like he wants to build custom knives as well as doing mods.

Check it out: http://grampasknives.kicks-ass.org

Think I got the right website this time :oops:
Last edited by poorbs on Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

Poorbs,

Is that the right link?

M.P.E.
thebladefanatic

Howdy guys, it's me, the Bladefanatic

Post by thebladefanatic »

:lol: I am really only getting started with the whole knife customizing thing, but am getting far enough along that I wanted to share a few of my projects. My website is: http://thebladefanatic.dyndns.org or at http://grampasknives.kicks-ass.org ... check out my 3 LCC full auto mods, #14,15 and 16 (I call them The Three Sisters) :roll:

I hope to improve my work and maybe have something worthwhile to do in my retirement (not very many years away).

Thanks for the intro and also thanks so much for telling me about this great Talkblade site.

Grampa
If Dad says NO, jes' ask Grampa
poorbs

Post by poorbs »

Mr. Grampa,

Didn't know you Okies had any gators up there - thought they all hung out in Cajun country.

I like the 3 sisters (clever names, and they fit pretty good too). Didn't notice any buttons or release mechanisms in the pics. How do you fire them?

pbs
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

mr poorbs - the buttons are there if yo ulook close :wink:

hey mr bladefanatic - wow - those are some fffaaattt scales on those LCC's - especially the one on the far right! nice work!
poorbs

Post by poorbs »

mrbigg -

I'll take your word for it on the buttons - maybe I'll have to buy one and see for myself (eyes ain't what they used to be).

I got a model 10 from grampa on BB and really like those fatty grips - you can really get a good grip on 'em - do some serious cuttin'.

pbs
thebladefanatic

LCC Operation

Post by thebladefanatic »

Hi Poorbs,

Yep, they are dual action automatic knives. You can either operate them manually (with thumbstuds on the blade) or fire them by sliding the righthand bolster with your thumb. They are leafspring fired, so they are fast and lock hard. I didn't used to like LCCs, but now they are my favorite clone knife!

Incidently, Oklahoma has a carry law (autos are legal in collections but not out in public) so these are convertable to manuals by simply removing the leafspring (doesn't even take any tools, they come out and go back in very easily). "Twiggy" is my everyday carry, but she goes "manual" whenever she's out in public (in case she's recognized).

Did you see #17 under construction? That one's a manual LCC cause I haven't figured out how to get a firing mech in it with full scales.

Thanks for adopting #10. I am sure she is in a good home now :o

Later, gotta work for a living

Grampa
If Dad says NO, jes' ask Grampa