Mikov Kit how-to pdf

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Doc Rocket

Mikov Kit how-to pdf

Post by Doc Rocket »

REVISED!
Hi to all, there is now a 'switch kit pdf'
along with the 'Mikov kit pdf'
produced by Nemo on Knife 101. With his kind permission I have produced the step by step instructions in pdf manual form and will keep it on a permanent web page of mine. You can go here to download it.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/doc-rocket/

The switch kit tutorial turned into a "book". it's 29 pages and 8.8megs so may take a bit to download. i've tried to keep the pix big. Will be working on the teardown tutorial next. Let me know if it downloads ok.

enjoy
Last edited by Doc Rocket on Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...
badboris

Post by badboris »

nice work Doc, thanks for making it avalaible :D

tips&tricks all in one place is allways useful
also the stiletto project by Nemo would be nice in .pdf

Andre
Doc Rocket

read my mind

Post by Doc Rocket »

I've been actually slowly workin on that one too.
I love my country...
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

If anyone would like it, I have the stilletto project in a word document. I would be happy to mail it to you. I have the descriptive and the pictorials in separate files.
Doc Rocket

Thanks

Post by Doc Rocket »

Thanks for the offer but i've got the files and text. maybe I'll get a chance to do a set up this weekend.
I love my country...
Claudester

Re: Mikov Kit how-to pdf

Post by Claudester »

Doc Rocket wrote:Hi to all, here's a present for you guys. I've enjoyed the instructions for building the Mikov kits produced by Nemo on Knife 101. With his kind permission I have produced the step by step instructions in pdf manual form and will keep it on a permanent web page of mine. You can go here to download it.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/doc-rocket/

If you have anything you would like to see added you can get ahold of be by email. I would like to compile a tips and tricks page also.

enjoy
Hey Mr. Doc Rocket

I had copied that class into word and pulled out the stuff that wasn't needed and left it in my workshop
ever since. Great Idea and it looks Great too! That's the class that got me started on doing my own.
That Nemo is some kind of guy, Very unselfish I might add. I don't know if you realize it but that's
my knife Nemo used for the project. After the class finished he sent it to me and it sets on the top shelf.
If your offering to give out the stiletto project also let me know cause it sure is handy.
Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Doc Rocket

yes

Post by Doc Rocket »

Yes I'll be converting the stiletto project over time. I'll let you know when it's up.
I love my country...
bandito

little pin that looks like a mushroom

Post by bandito »

"they include a little pin that looks like a mushroom....there is only one and I think it is used to attach the spring to the liner....and since that is already done ....toss it aside."

Waiting for my Mikov kit to arrive, but after careful study of the guide, (great job btw) I'm thinking that if you remove the existing "little pin that looks like a mushroom", move the mechanism and spring to the other liner, utilize the extra mushroom pin, and bingo it's now a southpaw...There you go Claudester, think your a leftie like me....The other liner is mirror image and pre-drilled.

New to the forum and having fun, looking to finger out a scale release next.

Adios
Bandito

South of the checkpoint, North of the river...
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

You are right Bandito - Mikov kits can swing both ways, I got a left hooker from Picklock Pat, very nice piece. Welcome to the forum :)
Jagman
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.