First run leverletto

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JAGMAN

First run leverletto

Post by JAGMAN »

Recieved my first leverletto today - won on Bladeauction,great knife all around but I am a little disappointed due to the fact that the top scale (stag) has a small chip in it at the bottom of the routed slot that exposes the lever, it is not square and it is sharp like a knarly toothus, not having worked on any stag before I want your advice, I was hoping I could get in there with a die-grinder or dremel type tool and clean up the edge without taking off the scales, is this feasible?I would protect the lever so not to mark it - the picture on the auction site did not show this defect and the description of the item cirtainly did not, I have e-mailed the seller and will wait for his response before doing anything - add him to the shit list ect. but I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear from him.
On a lighter note when I got to work this morning there was a Mikov in the mailbox - must have been in there all weekend!
And then the delivery man dropped off my Protech magic scale release - this is one impressive knife,once I figured out the release, ( I have a V&D scale release so I kinda knew but it still took some finding)
Anyway, very well made and a hard snap, the release mechanism has to be activated to close the blade.
The movement is so slight to fire the blade I was worried the lock would not be very strong but is is solid.
also no blade movement what so ever when open.I got the black one directly from Josh at PVK for around $190.00. It was a little slow arriving but that seems to be the MO for them. All in all I am very happy with this knife-looks like I am about to embark on my Protech rampage.
Jagman.
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Jagman
You can file it square with a small flat file. It will take a little while, but it can easily be done.
Bill DeShivs
JAGMAN

Leverletto

Post by JAGMAN »

Thankyou Mr. De Shivs, I took my time and filed it square like you advised and it turned out great, wonderful knife-thanks.
p.s. Somebody has engraved your name on MY knife :)
Jagman
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"p.s. Somebody has engraved your name on MY knife
Jagman"

That's because he wanted it to be a very personal [and rare] momento for you. The rest of us are green with envy.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

wow - i must be special too - thannks! :lol:

mr vagrant i love the avatar!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Amazing how many "special people" we have here.
Bonz deserves credit for the avatar .