Thanks, I love my Dremel

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The-Distinctive-Edge

Post by The-Distinctive-Edge »

Am I missing some pics! I want to see!! :D
Paul
We love this stuff!
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

FivePointOh wrote:Just a peculiar thought, why is it still called filework if it's done with a Dremel? Shouldn't it be called Dremelwork? Filework is an art and done by hand using hand files. I'm not saying that using the Dremel is cheating, but I don't think it should be called filework. Sorry but I'm in an unusual state of mind this morn as I await the delivery man and my newest toy. ;)
Mr. FivePointOh,

TRY IT FIRST BEFORE YE SPEAK ! Why did we go from spears to guns?

It might sound like the Dremel is used a lot but thats not the case. I use it for about 5% of the work, the rest is by file.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

The-Distinctive-Edge wrote:Am I missing some pics! I want to see!! :D
Paul
Paul,

The pictures are under the thread, Lets see some filework.

Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson