whoopsie

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JAGMAN

whoopsie

Post by JAGMAN »

Mr. Bill, I was sat on the back step spending some quality time with my stag leverletto when I dropped it onto the concrete slab :oops:
The knife was closed and it landed on one of the bolster ears, now it has lost a lot of its snap (this knife was wickedly fast with a precise lock-up)
I tried militech and a good cleaning -it helped but my baby is not the same.
Can you suggest anything for me to try without dismantling the knife?
I appriciate any suggestions you may have.
I need a back-up leverletto for the box now!
thanks, Rob. (jagman)
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Rob
First, make sure the finger guard is not hitting the blade. Next, check to make sure the bolster is not canted. If it is, push it back into place. I can think of nothing else, unless the liner is bent.
Bill
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

Thanks Bill, on closer inspection it was a little bent on the corner where the bolster finger guard is, I did what you advised and carefully bent it back and it seems as good as new :lol:
Thank you for you're help, it is much appreciated.
Rob.
Jagman.
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.