odd tang stamp

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
STAGNUT

odd tang stamp

Post by STAGNUT »

Hi,
I just got a picklock that wouldnt stay closed ..the front horn was warped and loose so the button wouldnt stay up unless the safety was on..so i took it all apart and went to knife 101 and found the old post on unwarping the horn by heating it in the oven, i clamped to an old file and put it in at 200 for 45 minutes then let cool worked great!! I put it all back together and it is a nice piece except the blades a tad short..
the thing i noticed was the tang stamp
it say's on the front,, MADE n.. then under that italy there is no (i) just MADE a space then a small n,,the back says R.J.RICHTER then under that italy anyone ever hear of this before??its a red dot safety and it looks similar to my edwin jay except the button and safety are smaller..thank's in advance for any help
Stagnut
missaman

Post by missaman »

I think there is currently one on ebay
Missaman
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

not anymore ..
Stagnut
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »