Some Leverlettos :)

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tanto

Some Leverlettos :)

Post by tanto »

David
---------------

My knives + watches
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

Very nice.
Are they all going to be like this without the spring being seen?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Tanto
Nice job did you do it? I like the spring hidden but I also like it showing so I will be happy with one of each.
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

David,
Those are really nice! What kind of wood is that on the middle one?
Are you selling them on BA or at your web site?
One more question, are the bolsters thicker on these than the first run
Thanks
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Yeah I quite like that wood, and the the way he does his pinning. Very nice.
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

i think thats th e turkish walnut.
I really like the beveled edge
nice little classy touch.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Benny,
I know you and I had Nemo do a number on our 1st run LLs but have you ever regretted not waiting for the second run. I mean not knowing if it was going to be limited. Just curious. I do like these knives with the beveled scales and no spring is cool.
Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Wow Claudester I can't believe you had Captain Nemo alter you first run knife :shock: Why just the other day I heard mint unaltered first run knives will be worth close to $1,200. Oh well how were you to know :wink:
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:Wow Claudester I can't believe you had Captain Nemo alter you first run knife :shock: Why just the other day I heard mint unaltered first run knives will be worth close to $1,200. Oh well how were you to know :wink:
PB
Hey PB,
&*^$&^%)(*)( )&*&%#^#&^(* ))$%$%$# I knew you would say that
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Well Claudester, seeing as how I had 2 first runs done, I do in some ways regret it, however, the fact that I saved one of each (blonde, dark and stag) for the vault helps me sleep better at night. :twisted:
Plus the ones Nemo and Hermit did turned out drop dead gorgeous. That helps too. :wink:
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
tanto

Post by tanto »

Hi Guys,

The knives are made by the guy who does the engravings for me (I am just in his way = not much help). All Leverlettos we make will have the spring hidden (at least partially). The material is turkish walnut - the same we use for Mikovs. Some of the knives are on BA, the middle one is sold (it looks like all the kits now will have the etching). The top two are still available.

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

BennytheBlade wrote:Well Claudester, seeing as how I had 2 first runs done, I do in some ways regret it, however, the fact that I saved one of each (blonde, dark and stag) for the vault helps me sleep better at night. :twisted:
Plus the ones Nemo and Hermit did turned out drop dead gorgeous. That helps too. :wink:
As you know Benny I got one extra for my son and I can't talk him out of it. as for the Nemo knife, it is one of a kind and the way he reworked it is beautiful and super quiet. There isn't even a click when it locks up. These LLs
really look like they are going to be fun redoing.
Take Care
Jay

Post by Jay »

Are the first run LL's marked as first run?
tanto

Post by tanto »

The first run does not have the (R) mark on the blade. Other than that I do not know of any difference since I never handled the first run knives.

David
---------------

My knives + watches