FRANCE SUCKS!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A lack of brain cells means if I don't post when I think of things I'll forget them in a hour or so.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

blackjack wrote:Agree with me or not, Ive always felt that the Americans right to...'keep and bear arms'...is a good idea, I think you are less likely to be the victim of a crime if the person about to commit it is in fear of his head being seperated from the rest of his body by doing it. Thats just what I think.
Take Care
blackjack

Mr. BlackJack,

A good case in point is Florida. When they passed the right to carry law, crime was reduced by 1/3 overnight. Another case in point, Australia. When they grabbed everyones guns, crime increased 300% overnight.

Even Ray Charles could see the logic.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonz,

Right you are! A few years ago I had a project where I was in South Florida (Palm Beach County) just about every week for ~2 years. There are many retirees (imagine that :D ) in the area, and many are quite wealthy. The guys I worked with told me that when the Florida law was passed, the effect in that part of the state was profound. When the retirees starting shooting back, street crime dropped dramatically. No longer could the thugs count on the elderly to be an easy mark. To quote Jan and Dean "...go granny go Granny go Granny go..."

Jim