Lethal force to protect property?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Do you agree to the use of lethal force to protect your property?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:35 am

yes
91%
no
9%

Total votes: 11

Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Spotlight Kid,

I highly regard our elderly, as they were the ones who put it on the line when our countries were fighting a world war, and it wasn't just the men who volunteered either. My Grandmother worked in a shipyard during the war and lost a son in combat. So, for any slime to disrespect an elderly person deserves flogging. To assault one deserves death. What is one less scum bag in the world? One less scum bag, thats what.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
missaman

Post by missaman »

Jim D.
The construction biz can be a pretty "dirty" way to make a living, at times.
Have you ever seen the giant grinders used for grubbing and clearing a site?? They grind whole trees. Ever poured several hundred yards of concrete in a day. if the cops don't show up...
Well i have connections :wink:
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

(One might point out that the real connections are the ones that can make sure the cops never show up...
Not like that ever really happens outside the movies, or Hawaii.) (cough)
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Canada's legal system is similar to England's. He'll get 5 years at the most, but will be walking the streets again in a year or two (at the latest) unless he kill's someone in prison and they find out.

Makes me wanna vomit sometimes.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

Just wait'll I get my hands on some o' that commie surplus red plutonium. Then I'll show ya' the true meaning of homeland security and frontier justice.... Immolation!! Apocalypse!! Extinction!! That'll teach that rotund D.A.'s assistant dyke who farted in the elevator with me.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Sir Walter,

Nuclear retribution for a fart? :shock:

The Falcon :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
GronK

Post by GronK »

Teddy wrote:Re. Lethal force,

If someone steals to feed himself or his family that's one thing, he may need helping not punishing, but anyone stealing for gain deserves no sympathy.

Best wishes
Teddy
Stealing is stealing. Robinhood was a thief!!
GronK
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

GronK wrote:
Teddy wrote:Re. Lethal force,

If someone steals to feed himself or his family that's one thing, he may need helping not punishing, but anyone stealing for gain deserves no sympathy.

Best wishes
Teddy
Stealing is stealing. Robinhood was a thief!!
He sure was.... I reckon he proves that every rule has exceptions.

The "Hangman" is a murderer....

Best wishes
Teddy
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr. Teddy,
The point being... There many private and govt. organizations to help the poor. My tax dollars pay for people who are too lazy to get up off their fat asses and get job. In my state at least they implemented a five year cap on "welfare" but they are still eligible for public housing. I've spent many years working in the "projects" and with VERY FEW exceptions these people work the system so they don't have to work. I wish my house payment was 25.00 a month..
I not only give money to said private organizations but volunteer weeks of my time to help them out as well. If you want or NEED somthing, get a job. Become a useful part of society. Like i said before NO one is entitled to anything i own...
Well except my kids :wink:
Missaman
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Missaman,

I'm with you all the way.....and am on record as having NO time for thieves...... my comment about someone stealing to feed himself or his family needing help not punishment..... doesn't apply anywhere in the western world today.... it's just another example of how one small quote can distort the whole issue......however if someone was running away from my house carrying a tin of cookies for instance.....I very much doubt that I would shoot him......but if the bastard was carrying a video or something that was obviously gonna be SOLD.... I'd have no worries!

Best wishes
Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If someone is stealing my food I may not shoot him but he won't succeed, I have to eat too. [Try stealing from a farmer sometime to understand that to him it's more important than a VCR].
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Teddy,

Missaman is right about the stste of welfare in his state. On top of all the handouts given to lazy able bodied folks in that state, the concept of eviction for not paying rent is a near non-reality there. I understand why missaman is angry.

Jim
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Trouble is the genuine cases for help,seldom get what they are entitled to,whereas your profesional knows how to milk the system for every penny, aswell as working on the side!These are the real scumsuckers!I know from personal experience,as I don't get one half of what I'm entitled to and I have paid highly for all my working life!I also know people with kids to feed that have to wait weeks sometimes for these bureauts to pull their finger out and give them the help they are due!You may be lucky where you live and have jobs growing on trees,but they don't around here,so I would NEVER offhandedly judge any one for stealing food to feed their kids.If anyone could watch their kids starve,and after trying every other avenue come up with zilch,would not steal food to stave their hunger then they are very lucky to be so self righteous,but not fit to be parents! Years ago,the local poor people would be hung for hunting game to feed their fammilies around here.I respect these men for doing what they had to to feed their children.In fact Australia and the U.S.A. recieved a lot of the ones that were spared hanging!:roll: Crackheads and Smackheads and greedy little bastards can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.I have no pity for them!But life is not always black and white!Extreme situations sometimes call for extreme actions!There is not much FAIR about the welfare state!Just my opinion! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"In fact Australia and the U.S.A. recieved a lot of the ones that were spared hanging!"

That's one reason that HERE wild game was considered as belonging to the people not the crown. The king couldn't hang you that way since it wasn't his, the lack of a king also helped [quite a bit] with this concept.
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr. S.L.K.,
I am much more in favor of "workfare" if you have a job and still can't make it, that person deserves a little help. Yes the paper is full of jobs, they may not pay much or be much fun. But they are out there. As a kid there was a man who went door to door asking if there was anything he could do to make a buck. My dad would always find somthing, wash the car rake leaves etc, as a community [small town] we took care of our own. But then again they were trying to help themselves as well.
btw How is it we can be posting when we should be at work :roll: :wink:
I have a home office whats your excuse :D
Missaman