Rabid Fox????

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

Rabid Fox????

Post by missaman »

About 10 AM the dog was going nuts she had a fox trapped under the wood pile. I went out to see the trouble .......
The fox had no fear of me and walked to me.
I loaded the .22 but it ran off.
Kid 1 one got some great pics. 8)
Maybe teddy will host them :wink:
Missa
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

Can't wait to see them.
BTW, I've got some foxy pics myself somewhere.

G
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Missaman..

Glad to... email 'em to me and they're as good as posted

Mr_G..

If you can't find them let me know.. I've still got 'em

All the best
Teddy
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Ive always found foxes to be amazingly intelligent. They seem to have no fear of humans, even armed ones, but as soon as they hear a rifle being loaded or the safety come off...they're gone.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

When I was a kid I spent almost all of one summer trying to shoot a fox with a bow. [I was too dumb to get closer.] Repeatedly it would step aside and watch the arrow land, then pick it up and run off and drop it [or hide it] :lol: Towards the end of vacation I ambushed it at 25 feet. I shot the tree next to it, to let it know I could have had it :wink: I NEVER saw it again :!: It was NOT going to push it's luck :idea:
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Here are the pics from Missaman..

All the best
Teddy
missaman

Post by missaman »

Thanks Teddy 8)
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

And I was just gonna answer your mail to tell you they're up.. :lol: :lol:

No need now 8)

All the best
Teddy
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

Don't shoot the fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :(
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

MarioG14 wrote:Don't shoot the fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :(
:?: :?: :?: :?:
The fox ix obviously not well.
Leave out food and water if it returns and declines to eat or drink but shows agression KILL it at once.
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good evening Missaman,
I've got to agree with Mr. Vagrant 100%. That animal looks unwell, :( be very cautious when dealing with it! :)

As always,
Sam
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

blackjack wrote:Ive always found foxes to be amazingly intelligent. They seem to have no fear of humans, even armed ones, but as soon as they hear a rifle being loaded or the safety come off...they're gone.
I've noticed a similar reaction with crows. They'll sit in a tree and squawk down at you but if you pick-up a gun, they're GONE :!:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

Ya should feed him some bread and cheese :lol:
Father & his colleague feeding a young fox during lunch break earlier this summer.
It's been a "fox year" here I think, we've had one in our garden as well, eating plums, apples and pears...
And ALL my aunts chickens, haha!

G
magnum

Post by magnum »

Vagrant wrote:
MarioG14 wrote:Don't shoot the fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :(
Leave out food and water if it returns and declines to eat or drink but shows agression KILL it at once.
Missaman-I agree with vagrant!! It probably has parvo or rabies so whatever you do do not let your kids go near it or yourself for that matter if it comes back KILL it!
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

magnum wrote:
Vagrant wrote:
Missaman-I agree with vagrant!! It probably has parvo or rabies so whatever you do do not let your kids go near it or yourself for that matter if it comes back KILL it!
Rabies is known as "hydophobia" [fear of water], drinking [really swallowing] becomes impossible. That's why I said if it won't eat or drink to kill it. If it eats and drinks well it will probably be o.k. and you can leave it alone :wink: Either way don't try to pat it or make a pet of it, it is wild and should stay that way.