Beslan

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Nothing much more to say, except "KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT". Shooting innocent children is the worst act of barbarism i can think off. :evil: :evil:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
sakura

Post by sakura »

I have no problem with killing taliban members. but that aditude will lead to nuclear hallocaust
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Religious fanacaticism and the excuse that "Our cause is just", "Gott mitt uns", "Kill a commie for Christ" is just a thin veneer covering the underlying ignorance, cruelty, and greed of the human race. We all know it's wishfull thinking at best to believe that some God or Gods are cheering us onward to greater acts of barbarism, but we give it lip service anyway. Who ever says they're willfully commiting acts against humanity, the will of God, and plain common sense? Damn few.

If we evolved in the way that most believe, then there's an unbroken tradition of competition going way back beyond pre-history. We do what we do, and make up the rationale after the fact, if we're lucky enough to succeed in taking the other kids lunch money, getting the best of the next guy in a business deal, or starting a war (always with patriotic and religious proclamations) to take another countrys land, minerals, oil, or what have you. Just like they did before us. Sometimes we approve of the methods, sometimes we call them crimes against humanity. Usually depends on which side you're on.

So, if all this was reduced to simplest terms, it'd be easy to understand. But the issues are always muddied up by the so called leaders, religious and political, who have their own agendas.

If there is a God, and I hope there is, I doubt he calls himself Allah, Jesus, Ra, or whatever. It's us who make up the myths and live by them. Until that is understood, this nonsense will go on forever, and will not end once all the moslems, christians, republicans, football hooligans, etc. are laid to rest.

What I can't understand, and never will, is why we can't just get along well enough to work for the common good out of pure self-interest.

TomR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Sakura wrote:I have no problem with killing taliban members. but that aditude will lead to nuclear hallocaust
I understand fully, but we can not let terrorism take over.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

Terrorism existsts in everyday life, to various degrees. No examples necessary. It won't go away. It's a tactic used by the weak against the strong, and will always be with us in some form.

My best guess, 2/3's of the people in the world are either insane or willing to do the bidding of insane individuals out of fear or greed. And use the same methods over and over in the hope of different results.

The soviets have a history of repression and draconian rule, at least according to what our society tells us. Does it take a genius to figure out that there's social action and reaction effect, like in physics?

Do I have any answers? Not too many. But I'd like to think I'd let them shoot me before I'd gun down helpless women and children, or drop a biological weapon on Hanoi, or do a paid endorsment for Pepsi.

The Golden Rule should be the next and only religion recognized by humanity.

Somebody here said "Wake up!" I fully agree.

TomR
sakura

Post by sakura »

that context, its not encouraging it. and typing islam into google isn't research
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

tr4252 wrote:drop a biological weapon on Hanoi, or do a paid endorsment for Pepsi.
If I had a choice I'd take the Pepsi deal. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

Sakura,

I like you kid, and don't think 17 years old is any limit on intelligence. But you really should join the Navy and see the world.

Your principles are sound, as far as they go, but you should realize that the loftiest words are still just words, nothing more or less. That goes double for expressions of political and religious ideals. Once expressed, they're generally twisted and distorted to suit the needs of the individual or group, as they see fit to "understand" them. It's the actions of people that show their true motives.

It's evident that the Islamic world is well aware of the actions of their fanatics, and that not much is being done to put an end to all this bloodshed. In that context, Islam is guilty of the actions of its followers, and by extension, is a failed experiment.

Don't want to piss you off, just get you thinking.

TomR
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sakura

Post by sakura »

tr4252 wrote:Sakura,

I like you kid, and don't think 17 years old is any limit on intelligence. But you really should join the Navy and see the world.

Your principles are sound, as far as they go, but you should realize that the loftiest words are still just words, nothing more or less. That goes double for expressions of political and religious ideals. Once expressed, they're generally twisted and distorted to suit the needs of the individual or group, as they see fit to "understand" them. It's the actions of people that show their true motives.

It's evident that the Islamic world is well aware of the actions of their fanatics, and that not much is being done to put an end to all this bloodshed. In that context, Islam is guilty of the actions of its followers, and by extension, is a failed experiment.

Don't want to piss you off, just get you thinking.

TomR
what can they do? they're scattered, and the only 2 countries capable of righting this wrong are either generalizing the problem, as displayed here, or, well, were killing their own people in a horrible dictatorship.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sakura

Post by sakura »

someone told me once, tever argue with fools. someone may be watching and be unable to tell the difference. I think I will take that advise now.

ta
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.