About grounding/earthing

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kwackster

About grounding/earthing

Post by kwackster »

When i first read about it i really thought it was all just nonsense.
Then i tried it (the cheapskate way: by sleeping on a small piece of copper weave cloth attached to a bit of copper wire which is itself attached to a sanded bare section of our thoroughly grounded central heating system)

From day one i fall asleep easier, sleep deeper, dream a whole lot more, and wake up each morning feeling completely rested and with a clear head.
Longer term effects i will still have to find out.

Documentary on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ddtR0XDVU

Medical background:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/
kwackster

Re: About grounding/earthing

Post by kwackster »

A few more Pubmed links:

Illnesses in technologically advanced societies due to lack of grounding (earthing):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10105023/

Prevention and treatment of COVID-19 infection by earthing:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9381424/

Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth's Surface Electrons:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

Grounding – The universal anti-inflammatory remedy:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10105021/

Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3576907/

There is a whole lot more reading material on that same medical database.
kwackster

Post by kwackster »

This whole earthing thing sounded so ridiculous to me that i just had to try it out myself, and to my surprise the short term effects are very noticeable.
I think this is typically something that everyone needs to investigate for themselves, or not.

Internet info can be very entertaining and maybe even give you a few pointers, but as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
And as my late Mom always said: "research all things, and keep the good".
For me this one is a keeper.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Are you sleeping bare skinned on the copper mesh. Sounds uncomfortably itchy.

Hey, I aint going to say it doesn't work because I haven't done it. I will say I do like to go barefoot quite often outside around the house and besides dirty feet, I think it might be a good thing.

I wonder if I sleep wearing grounded copper underwear if my Johnson will grow a couple inches?
Sammy should give it a try and report back to us.; :wink:
kwackster

Post by kwackster »

My piece of copper weave cloth is in fact a piece of RF or radio frequency cloth i once bought on E-Bay for another project.
It consists of nylon carrier weave with thin copper strands woven into it, and it lays under the normal bed sheet so there's no itching.
While you can buy ready made earthing sheets (and even earthing shoes & sneakers), for now i'm happy with my current set-up.
Going barefoot on grass or mud is indeed another fine option for grounding, but not always possible or convenient for me.

A friend of mine who suffered from inflammated shoulders as well as restless legs bought one of those earthing sheets, and he told me that after two weeks of sleeping on it both ailments apparently have subsided.
He also told me that now he regularly wakes up having "morning wood", something he said hasn't happened to him in decades.
His girlfriend also bought an earthing sheet btw, and both are happy & sleep a lot better.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I've been carrying pennies in my pockets for years and it hasn't grown any longer. But I haven't given up yet, let you know when I notice any changes in the length of my Johnson.
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Sammy ,kwackster

I'd wear a copper pan on my head if it guaranteed morning wood ,in fact im just sorting through my kitchen cupboards as we speak . :D
john

Post by john »

gravknife wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:54 pm Sammy ,kwackster

I'd wear a copper pan on my head if it guaranteed morning wood ,in fact im just sorting through my kitchen cupboards as we speak . :D
Ian your comment is just too funny 😂
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Morning wood is what got me in the predicament I'm in today!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

The lady of the manor bought new sheets about a month ago, and they generate static like nothing I've ever seen. Raking a hand across them is almost like when you disturb seawater at night and all the little phosphorescent micro organisms light up. Maybe bleeding off static is beneficial? I wake up a lot at night, but I think that's because I'm old. I think I'll rig a ground wire to the sheets and see if anything different happens.

Gratuitous joke: I hope it works, I can't afford to grow. My girlfriend is happy the way things are.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
sammy the blade

Better keep her Tom, I've never had a girlfriend that was happy for very long. Some people just don't have a sense of humor.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

sammy the blade wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:16 pm I've been carrying pennies in my pockets for years and it hasn't grown any longer. But I haven't given up yet, let you know when I notice any changes in the length of my Johnson.
Mr. Sammy,

Sounds like you have matters, well in hand...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
sammy the blade

Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Kwackster- All jokes aside, hows this been working for you?
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Terry

I'll wager Kwackster has grown 3 " and is out enjoyiing himself, ,knives are now secondary .
The copper pan idea just didn't work for me and my wife wasnt impressed ,so I now sleep on an old copper water boiler in my shed .