About grounding/earthing

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kwackster

Re: About grounding/earthing

Post by kwackster »

Well, my wife wasn't too pleased with the bed linen getting a greenish hue within the week due to the all copper earthing material, so i had to think up a little different setup.

For several weeks now we both use just a piece of non-copper multi-strand electrical wire.
One end stripped for just a couple of centimeters, strands twisted, and screw clamped to the grounded central heating panel just behind our bed.
The other end stripped for about 25 centimeters, strands twisted, and made into a loose fitting wrist loop.
No more discoloration of the bed sheets, while still having the same improvement of sleep quality.
The ability to fall asleep more quickly, sleep better/deeper, dream every night, and wake up feeling rested instead of still tired is priceless to both us.

It's very well possible that we might buy two carbon fiber bed sheets in the future, but at least for now we're good.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Cool. Any noticable improvements in body inflamation?

I honestly have been thinking more on this and it makes some sense.

The last month I have been feeling more like shit then normal. Hip and joint pain increasing. It is winter here, snow off and on, and I realized it has been a few months since I have been outside in bare feet. I said what the hell, and kicked off my socks and shoes and went and walked around the yard (snow is mostly melted). I only lasted about 20 minutes. Later I went out a couple more times and walked and sat with the feet grounded.

This morning my hip is feeling about 50 percent better. I don't know if there is anything to it but I'm going to give it more of a try.

Yeah, I know everyone usually feels worse in the winter (less light, less active etc) but I haven't been exactly sitting on my ass. I have been hunting almost daily for a month. Walking (hobbling) as far as I can and climbing trees with my climbing stand. Not going very far because the pain makes me stop constantly. The uneven ground is really a killer.

Only been a day. I'm not ready to tinfoil tape the bed but I'm going to give the barefoot grounding a bit longer. Atleast till it snows again. Isn't costing me anything except cold feet.I have done crazier shit to try to feel better.
kwackster

Post by kwackster »

What you do is probably the best form of earthing, but in my part of the world (and in my specific case) that is not always an option.
For me the jury is still out on the inflammation part, hopefully i notice something in the long run.

Do you by any chance have arthritis (bone & ligaments) or osteo-arthritis (cartilage) ?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

whippersnapper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:49 pm Cool. Any noticable improvements in body inflamation?

I honestly have been thinking more on this and it makes some sense.

The last month I have been feeling more like shit then normal. Hip and joint pain increasing. It is winter here, snow off and on, and I realized it has been a few months since I have been outside in bare feet. I said what the hell, and kicked off my socks and shoes and went and walked around the yard (snow is mostly melted). I only lasted about 20 minutes. Later I went out a couple more times and walked and sat with the feet grounded.

This morning my hip is feeling about 50 percent better. I don't know if there is anything to it but I'm going to give it more of a try.

Yeah, I know everyone usually feels worse in the winter (less light, less active etc) but I haven't been exactly sitting on my ass. I have been hunting almost daily for a month. Walking (hobbling) as far as I can and climbing trees with my climbing stand. Not going very far because the pain makes me stop constantly. The uneven ground is really a killer.

Only been a day. I'm not ready to tinfoil tape the bed but I'm going to give the barefoot grounding a bit longer. Atleast till it snows again. Isn't costing me anything except cold feet.I have done crazier shit to try to feel better.
Getting old sux but it is what it is. Drink more beer and see if that helps. The excersize you get running back and forth to the bathroom will do wonders for you as long as you make it in time.
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Terry
I know its a wild card but have you read into cannabis oil? ,
I know you probably have as we are years behind here in the UK buI I have heard of many good reports on its painkilling properties on a number of joint and muscle issues .

I suffer from joint pain pretty bad in the winter here ,my hands lock up often when I drive ,and I wake up with every joint aching .I have been taking a high lumen decent quality vitamin D ,it helps a lot in a land with very little Sun .
I really hope you find something mate ,glad your getting some hunting in though ,exercise is the best cure when our bodies and time allow us to do it .

Look after yourself mate.

Ian
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

kwackster wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:34 pm What you do is probably the best form of earthing, but in my part of the world (and in my specific case) that is not always an option.
For me the jury is still out on the inflammation part, hopefully i notice something in the long run.

Do you by any chance have arthritis (bone & ligaments) or osteo-arthritis (cartilage) ?
Never been officially diagnosed with arthritis but I'm sure I got it....lol Many fractures in my life from manual labor, sports, and a couple butt kickings etc. Even broke both collar bones a couple years ago taking the fast way down a tree.

Had a couple runs with colon cancer a few years back and started going down hill from there. I thought Shingles last year was going to kill me. Worst pain in my life and I still have pain and scarring.

Right after I made that post earlier I braved the 23 degree weather and went outside barefoot for 30 minutes. This afternoon I went out in the woods with about 25lbs on my back and walked about 3/4 of a mile. At dark I walked bach out. Not super far but further than I have been getting. It might be a placebo effect and all in my head but my hip felt better than it has in a month. The grounding is the only thing different I have done. Hell, I don't know but will keep at it if it continues to help. I'm going to go back out shortly a freeze for as long as I can take.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Getting old sux but it is what it is. Drink more beer and see if that helps. The excersize you get running back and forth to the bathroom will do wonders for you as long as you make it in time.
Beer don't help with most of my pain but I keep trying. Yeah I get plenty of exercise running to the bathroom. Unfortunately I seldom make it in time but it comes from the rear end. :| My digestive system is ruined from them cutting out half of it.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

gravknife wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:13 pm Terry
I know its a wild card but have you read into cannabis oil? ,
I know you probably have as we are years behind here in the UK buI I have heard of many good reports on its painkilling properties on a number of joint and muscle issues .

I suffer from joint pain pretty bad in the winter here ,my hands lock up often when I drive ,and I wake up with every joint aching .I have been taking a high lumen decent quality vitamin D ,it helps a lot in a land with very little Sun .
I really hope you find something mate ,glad your getting some hunting in though ,exercise is the best cure when our bodies and time allow us to do it .

Look after yourself mate.

Ian
Last year when I had the Shingles real bad I tried the c-oil for awhile. It really didn't seem to help enough to justify the cost. I do take quite a bit of D but some of the vitamins really play heck on my guts.
sammy the blade

whippersnapper wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:33 am
Beer don't help with most of my pain but I keep trying. Yeah I get plenty of exercise running to the bathroom. Unfortunately I seldom make it in time but it comes from the rear end. :| My digestive system is ruined from them cutting out half of it.
Not a whole lot of worse things than filling your undies with a fresh load, especially if not at home. Really really hate it when that happens.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Todays update on the grounding experiment:
I feel 30 years older today and sore as heck. I probably just over did it yesterday because I felt good.

Not giving up after just a couple days. You guys will be the 2nd to know (after the wife) if I start waking up again with morning wood...lol
sammy the blade

Good luck !!!
kwackster

Post by kwackster »

For arthritis and several other ailments you could look into bromelain, a natural compound extracted from pineapples.
It has a multitude of uses, is extremely safe, and you don't need a prescription.

Arthritis:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=b ... +arthritis

Pain:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=bromelain+pain

Cancer a.o:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=bromelain+cancer
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm familiar with Bromelein. My wife tried it because it is supposed to help with eye floaters. She didn't seem to think it helped her. Since I hate wasting anything I take a couple a week trying to use up what's left. I probably don't take often enough to got much benefits.

In my life I have tried about every suppliment, vitamin and snake oil known. 90% is BS and probably does more harm than good. That's my worthless opinion anyway.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

BTW- I feel not so sore today. I think I may have slept better last night because I didn't wake up when my wife left for work at 4:30 am. That rarely happens. My plan was to get out in the woods early but when I did wake up the sun was coming up. I'm sitting outside right now with my naked feet on the frosty ground. Picked up the yard a little. The damn feral cats that adopted us even think I'm nuts. Feels kind of good actually.

I only have until Sunday to get a buck so my plan is to get out later this afternoon. Going to try to get all the way back of the property in the thick stuff. That's if I get my work done. I need to get off my butt.

Hunting has been slow this year. Seen deer but nothing I have wanted to take. And the work it would have been to get the meat out doesn't thrill me...Still some venison would be nice. Hunting is one of the last things I enjoy. I'm just not much of a killer anymore and letting them go is easy...
And we still aren't starving yet.
kwackster

Post by kwackster »

I will go so far as to say that most supplements have no noticeable effect on me.

However i've found a few exceptions over the years.
In no particular order:

Vitamin C in high dosages (5 to 10 grams a day) it's effect: just feeling better all round.
Got the idea from the late professor Linus Pauling (2- time Nobel Prize winner from before the politization)
He himself took 18 grams a day for decennia.

Natto - a deceptively simple Japanese food consisting of soya beans fermented with lactobacillus subtilis.
Eating just a small amount of Natto once or twice a week really does wonders for your intestinal health and many other things.
It can even cure a leaky gut, the origin of many physical and mental ailments.
Like many Japanese people i use a little good quality soya sauce on it to make the rather bland taste more palatable.

Palmitoylethanolamide or PEA: imo a highly interesting natural compound, and your own body already makes it in very small quantities.
In the medical world it is called a lipid mediator that controls many processes in your body.
Among other things the synthesized version is a light to medium strength painkiller by itself, but it can also make other painkillers like diclofenac, tramadol and even Fentanyl and other opiates work much better and more efficient (so you can take less of those)
A friend of mine suffers from several crushed discs in his spine (his spine is largely fused with a titanium structure), and he is stuck on the strong stuff for life, but by using one or two PEA capsules a day he could dial back the Tramadol and Fentanyl.
I started taking PEA to possibly repair glaucoma damage (which it really does to some degree), but it also has another wonderful effect: due to an enlarged prostate i couldn't pee too well for quite a few years, and after two weeks of PEA i could suddenly pee like i'm 18 again.
True story.

Baking soda: 2 grams in a glass of water gives your brain a boost and also helps to keep your body alkaline.
You will be noticeably more alert during the day, something that my wife really appreciates in her hectic hospital job.
Apparently just this small amount a day can also activate a splenic anti-inflammatory pathway:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5940560/

Currently i'm also experimenting with various apple seeds and bitter apricot kernels (containing amygdalin), considered a dangerous snake oil for decades, but during the last few years apparently rehabilitated (even by medical researchers)
It turned out that what people had been claiming about it all this time (mainly about cancer) was simply true.
I use it for it's effect on my eyesight, as it indeed gets a bit better, i can see the difference.
Now hoping it improves further, or at least stays this way.

Lots of reading material on all of the above on Pubmed and elsewhere.