I'm back from Tijuana.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I'm back from Tijuana.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I had a lovely time in the city. I even drove to Puerto Nuevo for lobster and bought two Swinguard Estiletto Rizzuto Milano-style automatics! :mrgreen:

One is from Korea (like the original Bell knives). The other is from Taiwan and has the plastic covering the slide safety.

I will be offering them on Buy and Sell.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Re: I'm back from Tijuana.

I have a dear friend that helps run a Curio/Leather Shop on Revolution Avenue. The poor woman is recovering from the COVID-19 virus. After 4 weeks in the hospital, she's at home regaining her strength.

At Puerto Nuevo the lobster is superb. $20 + tip provides you with a lunch/dinner that lingers in the memory for a long, long, time.

The beauty of the city is in its people, culture, and food. I have been there 3 times this year and would like to return before the end of February 2022.
Fishtail Picklock
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

I have a cousin Jeff, who owns Carmen Beer, originally brewed by him in Playa de Carmen, south of Cancun.
He has lots of stories about seafood.
Also he said, since big fruit rots faster, Us northerners only see tiny bananas and avocados.
Fresh giant avocados and pork sandwiches are another dream meal. . .
He's since moved back to Pittsburgh and has Carmen Tacos, with an "in-house" micro brewery.
He says he was tired of making beer without hops in Mexico. . .and Tired of the heat.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Glad you had a nice time there and good food ! How did you find the knives this time?
Fishtail Picklock

I went to a shop I know and bought two more old Rizzuto-type knives with plain blades. They were sold within 24 hours after I arrived home.
Fishtail Picklock