Ago, today...

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Ago, today...

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

'Twas 47 years ago, today, August 18th, 1974, that I became Wally J. Corpse. In the aftermath of mine horrific car crash that killed 2.9, and gave me a cracked skull, that was the term, 'Corpse', that I overheard an ER clerk label me.
Each year eye get a wee bit saddened by the stark reality of memories, but AS I age there is no waning of the vivid mind movies, just a non chosen acceptance of the events that transpired. There are those who state that there is a grand plan behind the seemingly randomness of chance and circumstance, and that events of ago shape the results of now.
wjc74.jpg
wjc74.jpg (62.08 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
WJ74 (2).jpg
WJ74 (2).jpg (136.56 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

Re: Ago, today...

Post by sammy the blade »

Just wasn't your time to go.
2024 candidate for president
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

It is hard. . . . .Life. . . . . .
Ago. . . . Today. . . . .
When you're old. . . almost everyone you know is already gone.

I am recently widowed. . .10 months. . .I still can't bring myself to say it.
Everyone I know with common interests has dying off. . .
I have 2 brothers and a sister , they don't always talk " in depth ". . .
I talk to the mailman. . . . .for all of 1 minute on some days.
I look out the window at a garden I visited only once this year.
I can't walk outside or on stairs alone. . .They walk me to a spot, give me a water bottle.
It's easier to stay bedridden. . . The nurses visit. . . .They don't care about M1 carbines or the Red Baron.

My stuff has been repacked and moved so many times, I don't know where to look for things anymore.
My tools are borrowed and never returned. . . it's not like I could use them anyways. . .The kinfolk need them more. . .

Wally J.Corpse . . .
i was never declared a corpse. . . .
heart attack and stroke and skin cancer and peripheral neurological degeneration and arthritis
and partially blind in left eye and kidney stones and one dead kidney and lungs filled with toxic metal dust
and stage 3 lymphedema complete with leg tumors Keloid scar tissues and skin grafts that never heal.

On a lighter note . . . I cracked my skull also.. although, nothing actually cracked, . . just bad bumps.
Rope swing broke and Landed on my back / head neck . . . I forget a lot of 2nd and 3rd grade.
Hit on the head with a brick in a street fight in 4th grade. . . . I still remember that.
Chipped a front tooth, . . black iron rail fence. . snowball fight. . .slipped. . . POW. . in the mouth. . .capped tooth.
Broke my nose skiing in high school. . . .tree branch.
Hit my head on a diving board my senior year , felt like I was floating in red alka-seltzer. . . lots of staples and stitches.
Rolled over in a jeep, got thrown out. woke up next day.
crashed in a Hot air Balloon, got dragged, minor burns.
kicked by a horse, hit my head on concrete block wall.
fell off a ladder painting signs on the highway, someone threw a beer bottle at me from a passing car.
Fell off a ladder , stepped back to gage my sign painting lettering spacing. . . forgot I was on a ladder.
Broke out all my top front teeth, got a 7 tooth fixed bridge, slipped and fell on a date building a fire on rocks under a covered bridge.
While wearing a hard hat, I got brained by a guy restacking L2 x 2 x 20 foot angle iron (L's) . . more of a neck injury.

I can't really turn my head. and I'm a little bit now a Hunchback.

People tell me I've been to places, and concerts . . . i have no recollection at all about it.
Like the Pittsburgh Civic Arena "Queen" Freddy mercury Music concert . . .I didn't do THAT many drugs. . .i drove home. . .

I don't recognize faces "out of context" . . . If I see my sister outside of my home. . . it takes a bit before I remember her.
I'm always having conversations with people who know me. . but I don't remember them.

I remember some people though . . . . .I think about them every day.

Recently. . I've discover a few new people on the internet. . . . .
I'm not a corpse yet. . . although I have a plot and a tombstone without a date.

I haven't done anything wild in a long long time . . . .
I hope I die in an Airplane crash . . . . well. . maybe not. . .I don't want anyone else to die with me.

Maybe a meteorite will hit me. . . .

Something interesting

Something worth being a cartoon in Mad Magazine.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Big Crashes
My Dad and his wrecked Indian Motorcycle.

Mom never would talk to Dad when he was on his bike. (before they got married)
Dad said he crashed into the A+P Grocery store looking at a pretty girl. (Atlantic and Pacific. . .1930's)

Dad rang his bell once on a motorcycle. . . and once in an explosion in the army 1944.

He gave himself his own tattoo's with home made needles.
Attachments
JPK-indian-rider.jpg
JPK-indian-rider.jpg (27.38 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Glad you made it, Mr. Corpse. What a thing to remember....

Are you saying you are the 0.1 or the 0.9?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Sir Wallace,

I seem to remember you posting a much more detailed account of what I suspect is the same incident some years ago. It was quite disturbing.

Jim
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Yesterday I was suprised and amazed by one of mine ol' pals, who is an expert at research, and he forwarded me the results, to wit: he had found a plethora of photographs taken during the course of the fateful Aerosmith concert, including the act on stage, behind the scenes/stage, and many photos of panning the crowd from many locations and angles. Imagine my surprise, when, AS I was enlarging focus on a crowd shot, eye saw myself with two of my buddies, one who would not survive the night, the other crash survivor who later hung himself in jail, and a 17 yr. old pre-WJC, absolutely stone cold sober, AS I didnaye injest any intoxicants, AS I was the driver. Out of my hundreds of concerts attended since 1973, this was the only one wherein I was not high or buzzed at all.
Anyways, that trip down memory lane kinda hit me hard glimpsing the past event that changed mine life forever, but that feeling wore off after a dope gummy and some breakfast cans.

Yes, Mr. jim d, that one is "Afraid To Dream". Still disturbing, but ain't I usually disturbing?

Mr. Natcherly- I was neither decimal connotation, the 0 .9 survived, and the 0 .1 was just an unclaimed digit, AS I was, AS usual, only qualified to be Level Zero.

Mr. jerkyk25- seeing AS how you have confessed to being a Hunchback, AS your ridiculli advisor, eye recommend that you change your avatar photo to Quasimodo, Lon Chaney Sr. was the best looking one...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Well, I really did like the ME-262 with the Blue Oyster Cult ankh-cross. .
But I see that's taken. . .

if I Avatar myself as a hunchback. . .I would have to draw it myself. . .
an I'm not that impressive as a Hunchback
Attachments
Lymphedementia-Hunchback-02.jpg
Lymphedementia-Hunchback-02.jpg (16.33 KiB) Viewed 1938 times
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I never know what to say on these kind of threads even though I make a few myself. Not sure if we really do it for a response. Just sometimes got to lay what you're thinking and feeling on out there.

PS- Jerry, sorry to hear of your wife passing. I don't think it was mentioned on the other forum, but I could have missed it.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

I kept it quiet. . .I didn't want a million people saying sorry and reminding me. . .I need a place to escape to.
I'm getting better with it now. . .
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jerry I am also sorry to hear about your wife's passing. You spoke of her often on SD.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Jerry-
The telephone is a wonderful thing. I'm sure quite a few of us are available for phone calls. I know I am, in the afternoons.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:47 pm Jerry-
The telephone is a wonderful thing. I'm sure quite a few of us are available for phone calls. I know I am, in the afternoons.
what Bill said, btw Jerry some time back you posted your phone #, you wanted to keep the # that you had for many years, I will say a good word for you tonight.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

To be honest, I never knew Wally's story.
Somehow I missed it in the past.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

There are those who state that there is a grand plan behind the seemingly randomness of chance. . . . Wally J. Corpse
Wally's story. . . . . . . .A stranger can never know how detailed the experience was,
no matter how well the person explains it to the stranger.
The emotions, regrets, memories are a spiderweb of changing thoughts.
A stranger can only sympathize. . or empathize. . . .

A Grand Plan.. . .That implies a God. . . .
I believe in God, but I don't think God micro manages as much as my Church wants me to believe.

I think God is as to people. . .as People are to Honey Bees.
We have them, watch their society, worry about their well being. . .
Try and rope in the stray bees. . .
But I don't really know about their day to day existence.

I could say I know the future on the bees in my back yard. . .
But that does not mean I have control over any pre-destination.

Is there a grand plan for the bees in my back yard. . maybe . . .
Am I a part of some grand plan . . . maybe. . . .

I kinda feel what I did thru my 30's-40's-50's was the big purpose of my life . ..
I'm done with spaghetti now, and I'm licking the bowl. . . but I really don't want anymore.
That doesn't mean I don't like spaghetti.

I was always calm in panic situations. . .Never really ecstatic over good fortune. . . .
the flip side of the coin is I'm never really super depressed either.

I think I believe in Kharma. . . . . good for bad. . . .
keep the pendulum from swinging too far either way.

I see it in other people,, and I get annoyed. . . .
I had a friend that would get angry putting hubcaps on wheels.
He would punch and dent them worse. . . Days later he would still rant on about it.
It was an inanimate object with no control over him.
It was all in his mind.

I had a psychologist tell me I had a good grip on things. . . .
I could look at myself like an 'out-of-body" experience.
Everybody should develop that ability.

When I quit my psychologist, I drew me, him, his therapy dog, and his office.
He loved it. . . .I asked if I was cured. . . .
He said "did you ever think you were sick ? "

I still don't know the answer to that question. . . .
Attachments
Lymphedementia-087-PSYCH-01s-Talkblade.jpg
Lymphedementia-087-PSYCH-01s-Talkblade.jpg (182.44 KiB) Viewed 1861 times