There Are Many Here Among Us...

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Re: There Are Many Here Among Us...

Post by Tom19176 »

Sammy Killbucket passed away. Death by his own hand.....
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

john wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:32 pm DonC, I believe he passed away in 2018.
Yep
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

sammy the blade wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:00 pm
jim d, wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:56 pm Terry,

I didn't know about Tydy or missaman. This saddens me We can also include Tiny (Sr and Jr) on the list.

Jim
Surprised you don't remember missaman, he was pretty active here, my memory is getting bad so I'm trying some of those memory pills for us old farts, people over 30.
I think Jim means he didn't know he passed. Missaman was a mod here.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Another guy who I always wondered what happened to was Milu. He was a mod here and very active on all the forums for years. One day he just vanished.

I think he lived in Europe somewhere, but I never really knew much about him.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes I remember Milu too
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

whippersnapper wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:15 pm Another guy who I always wondered what happened to was Milu. He was a mod here and very active on all the forums for years. One day he just vanished.

Maybe he got a new cell phone and still trying to figure it out.
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Does anyone know if missaman died while on duty? I remember back in 2004 or 2005 I had a speaking engagement in Philadelphia and contacted missaman. He gave me a tour of the city with a law enforcement officer's perspective, which was most interesting. I was also able to sample a Philly cheesesteak from his favorite place - great memories...

Jim
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Bob (sharperD) was who told me missaman died. He wouldn't tell me exactly what happened but the vibe I got from him was that he may have taken his own life....Before I could find out more, Bob had his stroke.

I'm not certain but that was the impression given.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Wasn't missaman in some type of construction work as I seem to remember. He was on some pretty heavy pain meds. Don't think his cause of death was ever mentioned on the forum.
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

whippersnapper wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:15 pm Another guy who I always wondered what happened to was Milu. He was a mod here and very active on all the forums for years. One day he just vanished.

Shortly before he vanished, a young lady who worked with/for him started posting on one or two knife forums, perhaps Teddy's was one of them. I don't believe she was a member here, but her avatar picture was very striking. Anyone remember her?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

whippersnapper wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 pm Bob (sharperD) was who told me missaman died. He wouldn't tell me exactly what happened but the vibe I got from him was that he may have taken his own life....Before I could find out more, Bob had his stroke.

I understood he OD'ed on something. The details, such as they were, hinted that was the cause of his demise.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

natcherly wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:03 pm

Shortly before he vanished, a young lady who worked with/for him started posting on one or two knife forums, perhaps Teddy's was one of them. I don't believe she was a member here, but her avatar picture was very striking. Anyone remember her?
Yeah, that does ring a bell but I don't remember what she called herself. I think it was at Teddys...Damn, I had forgotten all about that place until you brought it up.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

natcherly wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 pm
whippersnapper wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 pm Bob (sharperD) was who told me missaman died. He wouldn't tell me exactly what happened but the vibe I got from him was that he may have taken his own life....Before I could find out more, Bob had his stroke.

I understood he OD'ed on something. The details, such as they were, hinted that was the cause of his demise.
You might be right. That also fits into the way Bob was tip toeing the cause.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

My understanding from missaman was that he was a Philadelphia police officer. As he was driving me around Philadelphia in his Firebird he would point to a corner and say "that used to be an X $ corner before we cleaned it up" where X was an amount of money. When I asked what that meant he said that X was the approximate $ value of illegal drugs that were sold there each day.

He told me that he really enjoyed this forum, that it was a great diversion from his job for him, as was switchblade collecting. He also mentioned that he didn't openly share the fact that he was a police officer. I sensed that he might have been doing undercover work but didn't ask.

Jim
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

what about butch ??? haven't seen or heard from him in years.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"