Roofing Tales Of Madness-

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Roofing Tales Of Madness-

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

This episode is en-titled- Propane Shrapnel...
There I Was, circa early 2000's, performing roof inspections on a university administration building in SF's Mission district. A 4 story brick building with a large flat roof. The building had an interior/external stairway with balcony type landings at each floor level. Anyways, AS I was going up the stairs with the DT crew, we became awared that a disaster of epic proportions was unfolding across the street, to wit: a rental equipment yard that also re-filled propane tanks was a fire! Evidently some semi-Einstein employee was filling a propane tank, and a spark ignited same unit. AS is typical in said scenario, the guy ran away, leaving the tank ablaze, and reportedly acted like a flaming torpedo, crashing in to other full tanks, and causing resultant ignition thereto. While viewing the early stages of flaming immolation, eye was busily photographing the developing saga, right up until thunderous explosion rocked us all, and fragments of propane shrapnel bounced offa the building, which served to encourage a hasty exit. Now then, this facility, AS is common, also had the large main 1000 gal. feed tank, which was endangered. SFFD was noted AS applying H20 from a safe distance ladder truck, AS the sky was filled with leaping bright orange angry flames. AS I became driven to flee, I casually stopped by a local news TV truck, and allowed them to download mine photos, a few of which eye saw on the news. I can't recall if the big yard bomb went off, but upon my return at such time was later, the facility was still a smoking crater. Just shows to go ya' if'n an unauthorized spark meets a source of fuel, lookout!
Mayhaps our own Esteamed Mr. Natcherly, and adroit SF historian can recall said event and fill in mine mind blanks...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse