I'm heading back to Tijuana.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Re: I'm heading back to Tijuana.

Post by Tom19176 »

Any chance of getting a picture of the China swing guards? Glad you made it !! Let us know what else you see and have a great time !
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I have a confession to make. I bought a cheap Rizzuto clone that looked better than any other of the Chinese trash. I'll tuck it away as I drive back. I arrived on the 22nd and paid $47 dollars for the first night. I am paying $42.25 for the next seven (7) nights in a row. I'll head back on March 30th and will probably arrive back home on April 2nd.

I am enjoying Old Mexico and the Chinese food ($4.25 for a dish of Kung Pao Shrimp and $1.50 for 3 street tacos) OXXO and 7-11 are two of the convenience store chains that are good for cheap soft drinks. Tomorrow morning I would like to head to Puerto Nuevo to look for a great dish of lobster. If I go to the beach, there's a giant Walmart that's good for soft drinks and there's good shrimp five miles from my front door. A group taxi cost 15 pesos (75 cents) and is reliable enough to take me back-and-forth. Puerto Nuevo usually costs about $2.75 one-way

I'm having a ball and am enjoying every minute of my time.

PS If you want to see where I'm staying, go to www.hotelaquario.com Their e-mail is aquariohotel.reservas@gmail.com
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Very nice !! Can you post a picture of the knife?? Sounds like your having fun! What are they charging for the knives there?
Fishtail Picklock

If I could post a picture, I would (frankly, I don't know how to take a picture with my laptop and move it to the Forum). Everywhere I go, people are still worried about the virus. I wear a mask when I must, but I have been vaccinated twice with the Pfizer product. I'm not too worried. It is almost time for breakfast.

Good morning to you all from cloudy TIjuana! :D
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

I went to Puerto Nuevo this morning and had two good-sized lobster tails They were beautifully prepared and served with refritos, 4 flour tortillas, limes, salsa (red and diced tomato and onions), as well as all the trimmings. The price? $20.00 USD. The limeade was $2.00 per glass.

I cruised on up to Rosarito and bought 3 M-80 firecrackers ($.50 USD) and an M-250 ($4.00 USD). I'll play with them at the beach tomorrow.

There are OTF and Italian style auto knives galore, but the OTF knives are 3cr13Mov Chinese steel. These can be found just about everywhere, but they want $45.00-$70.00 USD for them. They are tight but they're all CHINESE! You can do better buying your knives from either Italy or here in the States. If you REALLY want a descent Chinese knife, go to DHGate and order from them. You'll be better off and you won't have to haggle over Their "Imitation Italians". No, you can do better by buying from Grindworx or Blade HQ.

PS the Chinese side-opening knives looked fairly good, but I would rather spend my money here in the US. We can get better Italian knives than the cheap Chinese imitations.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Got it on the knives ! I always find it interesting to see what is for sale every where. Not looking to buy, jut wondering what is really out there these days. Sounds like a nice trip ! Enjoy the rest of it !
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:57 pm I went to Puerto Nuevo this morning and had two good-sized lobster tails They were beautifully prepared and served with refritos, 4 flour tortillas, limes, salsa (red and diced tomato and onions), as well as all the trimmings. The price? $20.00 USD. The limeade was $2.00 per glass.

I cruised on up to Rosarito and bought 3 M-80 firecrackers ($.50 USD) and an M-250 ($4.00 USD). I'll play with them at the beach tomorrow.

There are OTF and Italian style auto knives galore, but the OTF knives are 3cr13Mov Chinese steel. These can be found just about everywhere, but they want $45.00-$70.00 USD for them. They are tight but they're all CHINESE! You can do better buying your knives from either Italy or here in the States. If you REALLY want a descent Chinese knife, go to DHGate and order from them. You'll be better off and you won't have to haggle over Their "Imitation Italians". No, you can do better by buying from Grindworx or Blade HQ.

PS the Chinese side-opening knives looked fairly good, but I would rather spend my money here in the US. We can get better Italian knives than the cheap Chinese imitations.
when I was a teenager growing up in Boston, I could get m-80's all the time,just asking,does the fuse come out on the side,or on the top?,have a BLAST lighting them off.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

m-80s fuse comes out the side. i have a couple from years ago i keep in my woods bag(emergince stuff in case i get bewildered ) for survival fishing.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Fishtail Picklock

These are the cheap, modern M-80 'crackers. The fuse is on the side and they have no hard cardboard cylinder. It is almost 7:45 am on the west coast. I'll have to get moving to have plenty of the Continental Breakfast provided every morning. (7:00 am -10:00 am).

Here's where I'm staying. www.aquariohotel.com It is a great place one block from Revolution Aveneue.
Fishtail Picklock
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

TRYKER wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:25 pm m-80s fuse comes out the side. i have a couple from years ago i keep in my woods bag(emergince stuff in case i get bewildered ) for survival fishing.
yes,the real m-80's has the fuse on the side.
Fishtail Picklock

I returned to "El Girasol" (The Sunflower) where my friend "Liza" (Lisa) is 1/3 owner and looked over the Asian swing guards. Upon close inspection, the knives clearly had either Taiwan or Korea stamped on them. I feel terrible about automatically assuming they were made in China. They're stamped metal with thin black plastic scales. Some have a plastic enhancement for the sliding button safety, while others do not. They have the plain blade instead of the bayonet-style. They will go as low as $20.00 for some of them. They have quite a few Asian balisong knives too.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

I went to Playa de Tijuana (Tijuana Beach) and it was cordoned off by the Policia and the Guarda Nacional. The COVID-19 virus has forced them to close the beaches. I stuck around long enough to throw two M-80s onto the beach. It was fun.
I ate four huge tacos at a local restaurant about 2 1/2 blocks from the beach gorging myself until I couldn't eat another bite. I hopped another 15 Peso (75-cent) group taxi back downtown and bought a $33.00 pair of Semi-dress Mexican Shoes from 3 Hermanos (3 Brothers) chain shoe store. I also found the "Love Boutique" fragrance shop for both men and women on 7971 Benito Juarez Street (two blocks west of Revolution Avenue). I picked up three, 3.4-ounce bottles of Eau de Toilette from copycat "Impressions" of famous fragrances for about $3.50 each. (I was hoping I would find that place).
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Those Korean and Twain ones are worth over $100 now if they are what I think they are .....
korean knife.jpg
korean knife.jpg (50.93 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Fishtail Picklock

Tom19176 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:12 am Those Korean and Twain ones are worth over $100 now if they are what I think they are .....korean knife.jpg
Those knives are exactly what are available. (If I go haggle with them I could nail those down for about $20.00-$25.00 each). I'm leaving Tuesday morning so you should speak now or forever hold your peace.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Amazing as they have not been made for years...I am not interested in getting any but you can easily get $100 for them now....Do they have lots of them? They came in white boxes. They must have been sitting there for years !