Girl Scout Thin Mints - hard narcotics disguised as cookies

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Girl Scout Thin Mints - hard narcotics disguised as cookies

Post by jim d, »

My grand niece is a Girl Scout in Maryland. She takes her cookie sales seriously and my wife orders a bunch and has them shipped. Included in the package are Thin Mints. I try to eat ONE Thin Mint and it doesn't come even close to ending up that way. Anyone else have this problem?

Jim
sammy the blade

Re: Girl Scout Thin Mints - hard narcotics disguised as cookies

Post by sammy the blade »

You're hooked so you may as well finish them off and go cold turkey.
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

We used to have similar experiences with many of their offerings, so we just don't buy them anymore.

A victim of their own success!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

jim d, wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:12 pm My grand niece is a Girl Scout in Maryland. She takes her cookie sales seriously and my wife orders a bunch and has them shipped. Included in the package are Thin Mints. I try to eat ONE Thin Mint and it doesn't come even close to ending up that way. Anyone else have this problem?

Jim
Mr. Jim D,

Ha! The thin mints are not nearly as destructive as the Samoas! Now, here is a story of triumph! Awhile back I was visiting our dead friend Wally, and his wife is not particularly fond of me (I guess it's because Wally and I share the same interests). Anyway, in their garage just happened to be cases of Girl Scout cookies piled high, ready for distribution to the masses. When she asked if I would like to buy a box or two, I responded with buying a case! I was no longer one of Wally's deadbeat buddies, I was now a hero! Well, until I loaded the cookies in my trunk anyway...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

Ah yes, you did attain temporary acceptance status, albeit short lifespan, perhaps had something to do with my propensity for ditching the her to shoot 'em up at Mt. Zoomie, and one episode wherein I left her alone to shingle an Eiger with your sons, however she did accept the cash you bequeathed unto me, so your popularity rose slightly until one night in February …

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Wally, don't leave us hanging.
2024 candidate for president
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. Sammy the Blade-

Search in Off Topic for " A Day Last February" for the episode details.

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sprink

Post by sprink »

I am curious about the new flavor , French toast cookies , anyone try them yet ?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Wally J. Corpse wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:45 pm...I left her alone to shingle an Eiger...
Mr. Corpse,
Eiger is a mountain in Switzerland made really famous by the book and movie, "The Eiger Sanction", said movie starring the incomparable Clint Eastwood. Mountains don't normally require roof work, shingles or otherwise. Could it be that you are referring to a home built by Joseph Eichler? Spell check often makes changes like this, so you are off the hook, I'm guessing. :mrgreen:
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. Natcherly-

Mine reference was indeed to the Eiger Mountain, a term cast by roofers when shingling a dangerously steep roof, trying to avoid self sanctioning. I have also roofed buildings designed by that Eichler fellow, and found them to be poorly designed for roof efficiency.

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Wally J. Corpse wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:51 pm Mine reference was indeed to the Eiger Mountain, a term cast by roofers when shingling a dangerously steep roof, trying to avoid self sanctioning. I have also roofed buildings designed by that Eichler fellow, and found them to be poorly designed for roof efficiency.
Mr. Corpse,

I have done a few reroofs in zoomieland designed by the famed Julia Morgan, who has left her legacy all over SF and the greater gay area. There is some very wealthy landowners drawn to the sacred slopes who have constructed large compounds of vacation getaways for the rich and famous. I don't recall ever knowing or hearing about this Eichler chap.

Best regards,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Bonzo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:58 pm
Wally J. Corpse wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:51 pm Mine reference was indeed to the Eiger Mountain, a term cast by roofers when shingling a dangerously steep roof, trying to avoid self sanctioning. I have also roofed buildings designed by that Eichler fellow, and found them to be poorly designed for roof efficiency.
Mr. Corpse,

I have done a few reroofs in zoomieland designed by the famed Julia Morgan, who has left her legacy all over SF and the greater gay area. There is some very wealthy landowners drawn to the sacred slopes who have constructed large compounds of vacation getaways for the rich and famous. I don't recall ever knowing or hearing about this Eichler chap.

Best regards,

Bonz
Here is the buzz on Eichler. He was a developer whose houses were designed for middle class folks, not the deep pockets needed for one of Julia's designs. His homes have a significant following.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Eichler
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

natcherly wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:44 pm
Bonzo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:58 pm
Mr. Corpse,

Best regards,

Bonz
Here is the buzz on Eichler. He was a developer whose houses were designed for middle class folks, not the deep pockets needed for one of Julia's designs. His homes have a significant following.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Eichler
Mr. Natcherly,

I wonder what some of his "hoods" look like now? Interesting read.

Best regards,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson