Covid shot

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
john

Re: Covid shot

Post by john »

fastr19 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:30 pm Back to covid
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... MGGiu4S3CY
Thanks for posting this article! Very informative!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

TRYKER wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:53 pm haven't got one yet, i'm to young, only 70, butt, i have copd. i would think they would put me on that list.
I'm 65 and I got the first shot, maybe age's are different from State to state, or they just don't like you.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

Hi Dave,
MA is vaccinating 75+ and all first responders.
65 year old will be next. When that is I don’t know. I’m 67 I plan on scheduling an appointment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
More information is available: mass.gov
John

fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

My wife has COPD also. Needless to say this condition requires protection as soon as possible. I am 77, 76 at the time of first inoculation. Our initial cutoff was 75 also. Chris, since I have a caregivers license was able to get hers by this path.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

My recommendation is to be proactive and aggressive about getting your appointment. Here is my example. My wife watches the newsfeeds and noticed one Tuesday that the county dept of health was opening some appointments and would begin scheduling them at 5:00PM that day. The State had moved to the next group: "65 and over" (I'm 67, wife is 68). At about 4:50 we teed up our laptops and when the clock struck 5:00 - we struck. We did get a couple of the earliest slots but within a couple of hours all were taken. ...proactive and aggressive...

Jim
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

The VA gave me both vaccinations. (My last dose of the Pfizer vaccine was on February 15th). No side effects at all.
Fishtail Picklock
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I also had my second Pfizer shot on the 15th with no side effects other than a sore injection site. My wife wasn't as fortunate...

Jim
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Got my 1st shot Feb. 3rd....2nd is due March 3rd ( Moderna) , My state (TN.) is now 65 and above ( I think)....that's if it's avalible , :?

Rondog
sammy the blade

Ron, I get the second jab on the 3rd too. I called and got in pretty fast, a lot of people are holding off wanting to see how people are handling the shots. It's 65 and up here in Indiana.
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

sammy the blade wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:10 am, a lot of people are holding off wanting to see how people are handling the shots.

And there lays the problem Sammy , people don't seem to realize the faster we get "shots in the arm" , the faster this Coronavirus crap , will end !

Oh well ...

Rondog 8)
sammy the blade

I agree.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

now that i'm eligabel i can't get an appointment
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

TRYKER wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:36 pm now that i'm eligabel i can't get an appointment
Call your congressman, just kidding. You might try calling the hospital and see if they can point you in the right direction. Don't give up, in Indiana there is a 211 number we can call for information on shuch things, how I got my shot scheduled. Your state may have something similar, good luck.
john

Post by john »

TRYKER wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:36 pm now that i'm eligabel i can't get an appointment

Me too!
John

TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

yesterday while on the phone i was given a location for a shot. before they finished with my info it was gone. butt i got an email that says i have an appointment for 3/10/21 at gillete stadium at 4:54 pm :D :D :D

it's rite next to bass pro !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"