I am preparing to buy an 2003 Lincoln Town Car.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I am preparing to buy an 2003 Lincoln Town Car.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

If I play my cards right, on 1/9/2021, I'll buy a 2003 Lincoln Town Car. While it has 168,000 miles on it, they're all freeway miles. (This makes it about 105,00) city/highway miles). The man is asking $3650.00. (I'll be asking for a discount of $150-$175 to reset/respring one rear parking brake). Aside from that, the electric control on the driver's seat needs repair. That's pretty much it.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Fishtail Picklock
rithvich

Re: I am preparing to buy an 2003 Lincoln Town Car.

Post by rithvich »

I've owned a '79 and a '84 lincoln town car, enjoy they are awesome!!
Fishtail Picklock

rithvich wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 am I've owned a '79 and an '84 lincoln town car, enjoy they are awesome!!
Thanks. While I enjoy my 1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX, The Lincoln Town Car Signature is what I want to drive when I head down to vacation in Tijuana. If I can sell my Crown Victoria for a reasonable sum, I'll have enough to head back to Mexico for some excellent Chinese food, a real Caesar Salad (where they originated in 1924 at the Hotel Caesar on Revolution Avenue). I also want to go to Puerto Nuevo, southwest of old Tijuana on old Mexican Federal Highway #1. There is where I can order an entire lobster (cooked and presented for my pleasure as an entire meal) for about $40.00 USD.

This is my idea of a vacation.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

You should look good rolling down the road in that Lincoln!
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln."
sammy the blade

We used to sing along when that played on am radio riding the school buss. A very long time ago.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep, hadn't thought of that song in years, but it was the first thing that popped into my head when fishtail mentioned the Lincoln.

As kids we had that on 45 and about put a needle through it we played it so much.
sammy the blade

A true classic, commander Cody and the lost planet airman did that record if what memory I have left is correct. Daddy said son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop driven that hot rod Lincoln.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

16 year old and my chicks dad had a 79 town coupe, we would cruise the pacific coast highway floating that boat at 120+ ..... Big car, good times!
Fishtail Picklock

This is a luxury car that FoMoCo should never have discontinued. This car is made for long road trips while attaining 25 miles to the gallon of regular fuel. (It is why God made cruise control). A 4.6 liter (281 cubic inches) cam-in-block (modular) pushrod V8 isn't terribly fast, but it cruises along in style and comfort. Its 4-speed automatic is more than adequate for my needs. It has a "funeral home" quiet cabin and allows one to drive safely and relaxed.

Sweet.
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i had a lincoln back in the '70s black with white leather and suicide doors, what a bitch to work on. the didn't work, the fix,
the motor ran off the cam, you had to pull the radiator to get to it AND a motor at the scrape yard was $75, lot a bucks back then, making $2.65 an hour.

i sold it an bought a caddy, butt totaled that on the way to my brothers wedding, butt thats another story.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

You were old school pimpin! If I had a car like that I'd wear a big hat with a feather in it.
Fishtail Picklock

Tomorrow I'll be making the long drive to Eugene, OR, where I'll be inspecting/purchasing the Lincoln. Prayers solicited and accepted. If this car is what I think it is, I'll be riding high. Now, If I can only sell my well-preserved 1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX for a reasonable price, I'll be set for my Mexico trip.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Good luck Fishtail.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Good luck with whatever you decide. If I wasn't on the other side of the country I would take a look at the Crown Vic.